Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Mr T disses the A-Team movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mr T turned down a cameo in the A-Team movie, because he felt that the movie drifted far away from the original show concept.

Quote:he turned it down because he says he "knew what was coming" -- a level of violence and sex unacceptable to the actor and, he says, untrue to the original vision of the show.

Mr. T, whose real name is Laurence Tureaud, was in attendance at the movie's Los Angeles premiere, where he admitted his fears were confirmed. "It was too graphic for me," he said. "People die in the film and there's plenty of sex, but when we did it no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment. These seem to be elements nobody is interested in any more."

What do you think about this? I like my violence in shows, but I agree with his point. No one died in the tv show.

Knightryda wants to take his daughter with us to see it, because he is thinking the movie will reflect the tv show. I am now worried of how far they drifted away from the original.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Mr T turned down a cameo in the A-Team movie, because he felt that the movie drifted far away from the original show concept.

Quote:he turned it down because he says he "knew what was coming" -- a level of violence and sex unacceptable to the actor and, he says, untrue to the original vision of the show.

Mr. T, whose real name is Laurence Tureaud, was in attendance at the movie's Los Angeles premiere, where he admitted his fears were confirmed. "It was too graphic for me," he said. "People die in the film and there's plenty of sex, but when we did it no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment. These seem to be elements nobody is interested in any more."

What do you think about this? I like my violence in shows, but I agree with his point. No one died in the tv show.

Knightryda wants to take his daughter with us to see it, because he is thinking the movie will reflect the tv show. I am now worried of how far they drifted away from the original.

I just can't picture Mr. T saying that. I've never seen or heard him go more then 5 words without saying "fool".
But I really want to see the A-Team.

[youtube]Oj18J9DEeKQ[/youtube]
Well, I do remember how, for what the show was about, that no one ever really died... It was rather kid-friendly. So, I can understand his point. Mr. T loves the kids (not in a Michael Jackson way). Plus, the number of parents who remember the show who will think the movie will be ok to show their kids. I know that my guy does not want his daughter seeing blood, guts, excessive violence and sex, and if this movie has that, we can't take her.
I think it's dumb if there is a movie like that and no one dies. I saw the preview where they are falling in the tank which pretty much tells me how stupid the movie is and not to watch it.
Mr. T and the A-team is, has and always will be stupid IMO.
Nussie_T Wrote:Mr. T and the A-team is, has and always will be stupid IMO.

You say, because you do not know.. for shame!
KnightRyda here:

I think it will be your ususal pg-13 movie... same as transformers or no worse then a fast n the furious. It's not like it's rated R.... It will have a little something for everbody....

Mr. T is my boy and all but he is still stuck in the 80's.
Nussie_T Wrote:Mr. T and the A-team is, has and always will be stupid IMO.

I have never been a fan either. :high5:

I was more in to "Fall guy"

[Image: fallguymodel.jpg]