Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Jury Duty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I got a letter in the mail today saying that I've been summoned for the month of July. This is the first time I ever got picked for it. What sucks is they'll only pay $40 for attendance fee if I have to show up. I'd be more willing to do it if they match what I make in a day at work. What's your take on this?
Any of you ever been part of a jury?
Anyone ever get out of jury duty, and if so how?
I've had a jury find me innocent once. That is the only experience I've had.

Get that movie "jury duty" and get some tips.

Oh yeah, try to find out about the case first. The lawyers interview you, and if you lean towards one side or the other they strike you out. Lots of things you can do to look biased.
I never got called. I wouldn't want to do it. Not just for the money reason. I wouldn't want to be responsible for getting somebody covicted, especially if i wasn't 100% sure
I was called up twice, but only had to go in once. It depends on the judge on how easy it is to get out of it. I got to sit in the jury box, but was kicked out pretty quick and I never said a word. But people were piling on the excuses as to why they could be there and the judge wasn't having it. Take a good book to read, you will be bored out of your skull. i napped a lot there.

And, just because your name is draw doesn't mean shit, if they don't have any cases for you to sit in on, then you'll do your time without incident and they can't call you again for at least a year.

You should also see what policy you work has on it, some place reimburse their employees, since it is mandatory.
This is from the US district court of Pa. The rules here stated that you can get out of it if you served as a juror within the past two years.
My handbook at work states that they won't pay for the time off unless I burn sick or vacation time. Confusedwoot:
Balls!
If we hand in our check that jury duty gives us, then we get paid for the full day...so sure here is my stupid check for 12.00 now give me my full day's pay!!! I always send a letter from my boss, saying that the office is short staffed and it's a busy time of year so please excuse me this time and call me in the summer months (use whatever time of year it's not). I have always been excused. Although the FEDERAL court told me next time I get called I HAVE to go....no excuses.
the keifer Wrote:My handbook at work states that they won't pay for the time off unless I burn sick or vacation time. Confusedwoot:
Dude that doesn't sound legal! Are you sure about that???
eddieyourdj Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:My handbook at work states that they won't pay for the time off unless I burn sick or vacation time. Confusedwoot:
Dude that doesn't sound legal! Are you sure about that???
Nevermind, I just called my wife and asked her. She is an H.R. Director and she said absolutely no! That is why most people try and get out of jury duty...my bad!!!
I've been once. They didn't cover my pay, missed a day of work, work did cover my pay (1/2 day).

It was a waste of time, they didn't select anyone, and that was that
Jury Duty - watch. Good movie.
When I was called I was fresh out of high school and got $40 for my day there, so I made more than I would've at work.

Jury duty should be reserved for the unemployed, part-timers and old people.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:When I was called I was fresh out of high school and got $40 for my day there, so I made more than I would've at work.

Jury duty should be reserved for the unemployed, part-timers and old people.

No way! I don't want those people judging me!
I had it for a week about 3 yrs ago. We awarded a farmer 1.2 million for being bullied & beaten up by another farmer(while his farm hands watched) who owned all of the land around this smaller farmer. The one dude who was beaten up pretty badly had to have back surgery and rods put in so he deserved the $$$!!!
the keifer Wrote:So I got a letter in the mail today saying that I've been summoned for the month of July. This is the first time I ever got picked for it. What sucks is they'll only pay $40 for attendance fee if I have to show up. I'd be more willing to do it if they match what I make in a day at work. What's your take on this?
Any of you ever been part of a jury?
Anyone ever get out of jury duty, and if so how?

Just be racist.

Lynch Black People
Toss out all the Mexicans
White people are good.
Camel Jockies need to go.

You'll never make it to a jury box lol
Pages: 1 2 3