Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Topic of discussion STEAK, Let the drooling begin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Grilling season is upon us, and a proper topic of discussion is what is your cut O' Meat?
How do you prepare it?
Gas or charcoal?

Myself. I prefer a well marbled ribeye steak cut to perfection at 1-1/4 inches thick, bone in or out is irrelevant.
It would be a shame to cook that wonderful piece of meat over nothing less than charcoal, which may at times be accompanied by some chunks of apple wood or cedar chips. I lightly rub Montreal steak seasonings on it not to over power the flavor of the meat.
Often accompanied by grilled veggies and/or a fresh cob of corn with melted butter (Not margarine, That would be a sin) lightly salted to taste.(Try corn on the cob grilled!!!)
All this paired with a nice Merlot, Cab Sav or Shiraz...
Does anyone else hear my arteries hardening?
I prefer a medium thickness NY strip. I know we had the propane/charcoal debate a while back, but I am still sticking with propane just for convienience. I think I will try one of those smoker box things with the wood chips that goes in the propane grill though.
That Montreal steak seasoning is good, but you are right, only a little bit. They make a spicy one too that is good on occasion.
I went with "other" thinking about a big 16oz or bigger T-Bone. Doesn't matter really...I fucking LOVE steak. I could eat steak every day for the rest of my life. If God hadn't meant us to eat animals he sure wouldn't have made them out of meat.

Steaks are good.
Had to go with the Strip. Great taste, and just good all around meat. You can't really screw it up too easily.

Prime Rib if I'm going for a steak sandwich.
I like tenderloin...but only when I get it out at a restaurant...other than that I really don't eat steak at home.
I like meat, and steak is no exception... Can I pick "all of the above"?
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I like meat
:high5:
I as well like steak. I prefer it cooked like it is on the rag

5 minutes one side, 5 minutes on the other, then throw it on the plate. Salt and Pepper only before its cooked and thats it.

Occasionally I'll butter the steak when is is just about done, so it gets that nice brown for presentation, but thats it.
I don't really have a big preference for any specific cut. As long as there isn't a bunch of fat in it i'm happy.
A dude i work with just bought a cow off a local farm. I bought $50 worth of steaks off him. They taste alot better than the steaks you get out the grocery store.
Brampton Wrote:I as well like steak. I prefer it cooked like it is on the rag

5 minutes one side, 5 minutes on the other, then throw it on the plate. Salt and Pepper only before its cooked and thats it.

Occasionally I'll butter the steak when is is just about done, so it gets that nice brown for presentation, but thats it.

LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I as well like steak. I prefer it cooked like it is on the rag

Double :high5:
1. Porterhouse - Big and yummy. I love it.
2. Filet Mignon - as far as taste, can't be beat, but usually served in smaller portions.

Any steak is good to me, even the cheap shit.

The only thing I would ever put on a good steak is salt an pepper, occasionally butter after it is cooked already. A cheap steak, I will experiment with all kinds of stuff though.

Has to be cooked on charcoal and only charcoal.
Until I have a fence in my backyard, its propane only......I know, I know but its just easier
One should remember, after cooking a steak, let it rest for 3-4 minutes or so. This way the juices can reform back into the meat. :high5:
mongo Wrote:One should remember, after cooking a steak, let it rest for 3-4 minutes or so. This way the juices can reform back into the meat. :high5:

I did not know this.
Pages: 1 2 3