Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Got Advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could get long, I'll try to sum it up before i tell the whole thing. I never read super long posts like this.

cliff notes: buddy is having relationship problems and is gonna end up coming to me for advice. I'd like to know what i should tell him. Showed up with a uhaul truck at my house today and needs a place to stay cause his girl kicked him out. I strongly think she's fucking someone else. He's all torn up about it.

Fake names.
I rent a room from this kids older brother. Call my buddy nick.
Nick and i were real good buds, had an appartment together, framed houses together, got in fistfights together. He started dating this chick, moved in w her, and slowly phased himself out of hanging out w the ussual crew. Got to the point that he wouldn't awnser or return anyones calls. That's another story i guess.

He's gonna be moving in here now. He's been with the girl 6 years. She say's he works too much and doesn't spend time with her. He says he was trying to get $ up to buy them a house. She kicked him out. He shows up here ALL distraught.

Here's the thing. I pretty much know she has another dude. She goes out without him. She went on vacation without him. We saw her in the bar one night, she got all sketchy and left as soon as she saw us.

What shout i tell him?
1. He needs to kick the girl to the curb

2. If he was saving money for a house, he should have money, so he can move out of your place as soon as he can locate another place.

3. Often times people disappear when they get really involved with a girl. They get in a zone and it consumes them. Does not mean that he was trying to diss you. I would not let that effect anything. He is your boy.
Yea, the dude is still my boy, of course.
I don't mind him staying here either.

Do i tell him give it time try to work it out. Knowing she'll come back when shit don't work out with the other dude?
Or Push him to bail on the whole thing and move on?
Weird to see the dude so shook up. I don't plan on telling him we seen her in the bar about to meet up w some dude
Like Spot, he needs to bail.
negadave Wrote:Yea, the dude is still my boy, of course.
I don't mind him staying here either.

Do i tell him give it time try to work it out. Knowing she'll come back when shit don't work out with the other dude?
Or Push him to bail on the whole thing and move on?
Weird to see the dude so shook up. I don't plan on telling him we seen her in the bar about to meet up w some dude

I'm with Pete on his 3 points.

1. He probably won't want to hear it, but yeah, screw her.

2. Sounds like he has his shit together and some money.

3. I have a friend who does that. When he meets a girl, I might hear from him once a month. As soon as they split, it's back to normal and he's bugging me every other day.
Listen to these guys, cuz I agree with what they said!!
I also have a "friend" that's a big fan of the show
BigFan Wrote:I also have a "friend" that's a big fan of the show
Ha! it's not me bro.
If my girl wanted to go on vacations and shit without me that would be the end of it. I have no tollerance for bullshit like that. Guess that's why i'm single
Confusedwoot: I'd tell him he can stay at your place as long as he doesn't talk to her.
Joe In PA Wrote:Confusedwoot: I'd tell him he can stay at your place as long as he doesn't talk to her.

I agree with this plan.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Confusedwoot: I'd tell him he can stay at your place as long as he doesn't talk to her.

I agree with this plan.

Like i said, this dude's older brother has a 3br house. I rent one of them. So i really no no say in the matter if he stays.

It's funny you guys said that though cause i was just talking to the brother and he said the same thing. He said if the chick showed up over here he was gonna tell her she wasn't allowed in the house.

General concensous is that he's gonna cut her off 100%. I highly doubt that though. I wouldn't be suprised if she tests the waters then comes right back. He started dating her when she was 19, now she's 26. He's 32. She never got the chance to see what's out there. Grass ain't always greener on the other side though. :blahblah: