Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Snooze?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
lately I find myself snoozing about 20 mins every work morning (four 5 minute snoozes).
You guys think the snoozing gradually wakes you up or it just makes you more tired?
Do you snooze?

[Image: stll_alarm_clock_snooze.jpg]
I used to get up at 7:15 and snooze untill 7:40. Now I just set the alarm for 7:40.
If I hit the snooze, i evertually hit the off button. Then I'm in trouble. Its something I like to avoid
I need the snooze to gradually wake me up.. It minimizes my morning grumpiness. I grew up with parents on a 3rd shift schedule. No one in my immediate family is a morning person.
I agree with Beckster, I snooze like a mofo.
It depends on the day on the morning. If I have to get my son up and ready to go. I only let it snooze two or three times but if I am just going to work sometimes I let it snooze for 45 minutes.
i'm usually up anyway, but I hit the snooze button one time, just to hang out and stare at the ceiling
I've never used the snooze button, I just turn the alarm off.
That's why I just set 2 alarms, 10 minutes apart.
Brampton Wrote:If I hit the snooze, i evertually hit the off button. Then I'm in trouble. Its something I like to avoid
I have 2 alarm clocks and the alarm on my phone just in case.
I set 2 alarms, because while i'm snoozing the first one, i may accidentally or subconsciously turn off the alarm. Second one is for backup. if I have to get up for my kid at all i'm up right away though.
BigFan Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:If I hit the snooze, i evertually hit the off button. Then I'm in trouble. Its something I like to avoid
I have 2 alarm clocks and the alarm on my phone just in case.

I do the same thing a regular alarm and the cell alarm. Just in case the power goes out or in case I shut one off. I also periodically change up the type of ringer alarm on my phone, so I don't get used to the same noise. (If I am tired enough I can sleep through an alarm).
I have 3 alarms around the room, and not near my bed so I am forced to get up. It's quite a bitch figuring out which alarm to run to when you are still almost sleeping, but it wakes me up. Sometimes I snooze all three, it just pisses me off to the point that I have to wake up.
I snooze about 15 min past mine but any more than that, I'm runnin late.
If i'm working on saturday and i went out friday night, the snooze button is key.

I've got a bad habit of pushing it to the last minute before i get up. If i wake up and have to hang around the house for a half hour it kills all my motivation for the morning.
I like the adrenalin rush of trying to get to work on time when you know your running 5 mins late. Works better than coffe (sp)?
negadave Wrote:If i'm working on saturday and i went out friday night, the snooze button is key.

I've got a bad habit of pushing it to the last minute before i get up. If i wake up and have to hang around the house for a half hour it kills all my motivation for the morning.
I like the adrenalin rush of trying to get to work on time when you know your running 5 mins late. Works better than coffe (sp)?

I agree. Jump up and haul ass. That's what works for me. I also don't need an alarm to wake up M-F.

Saturday morning after a night of drinking is a different story though, and even then I'll wait for the last minute.
Pages: 1 2