Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Abortions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not really looking to start a debate.
But this is really fucked up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...rtion.html
That's messed up shit. I am pro choice, but not in the 3rd trimester.
That is without a doubt fucked up.
Very, very disturbing...
Confusedhock: I'm speechless.
Wtf thats all I can say to this
Pete Nice Wrote:That's messed up shit. I am pro choice, but not in the 3rd trimester.

God knows this is one of those topics I avoid like the plague, but knowing having known you (internet wise) for a couple years I know you're a rational clear headed person. I have to ask how do you feel about third trimester abortions when not doing it puts the mother at risk?

And for the record if someone asked me that I wouldn't know how to answer it.
I'm with Pete although I am against them past the first trimester. To answer the above question I'd have to say that the life of the mother would take precedence although if you can make it to the third trimester a C-section and delivery would be a more viable option than an abortion. Still it would ultimately be left to the mother to decide the risks and what she wanted to do. A shitty choice either way.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:That's messed up shit. I am pro choice, but not in the 3rd trimester.

God knows this is one of those topics I avoid like the plague, but knowing having known you (internet wise) for a couple years I know you're a rational clear headed person. I have to ask how do you feel about third trimester abortions when not doing it puts the mother at risk?

If the mother was at high risk of death, I would be for it. BUT it would have to completely be the mothers decision and it would have to be risk of death or vegetableism.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:

As a female I would be for it. You got to figure that if the risk was that high for the mother, then most certainly the fetus would also be at risk and it would be wiser to save one rather than lose both.

My personal opinion on abortion is that young and stupid girls need to get a mandatory birth control shot, so they can't get knocked up. Stop the stupidity before it starts, so to speak. But in regards to extreme situations, such as rape or severe illness/injury where the mother is at risk, I see no reason why abortion shouldn't be an option. And I am Catholic!
My Mother was 15 when she had me. I am really, really glad I was not aborted.
LeNeve Wrote:My Mother was 15 when she had me. I am really, really glad I was not aborted.

I was actually referring to some moron cousins that I have. The one had a kid, but the state had to step in and take it away from her, since she and her boyfriend tossed it around and broke it's arm. She is having another one now to replace the first one. It's bullshit! The other one is running from the law and is dragging her little one with her. Neither of them have any business raising children. They can't even care for themselves. :rant:

I'm glad you were born, too, Bro. ;-)
LeNeve Wrote:My Mother was 15 when she had me. I am really, really glad I was not aborted.

My mother was 14 when I was born, got ya beat.

I was born 20 days before Roe V Wade passed. Phew!!!