Dudebro Nation

Full Version: good charge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the local news tonight,
Some chick got charged with misuse of 911 and arrested because she called 6 times trying to get a ride home from a bar because she was too drunk.

yea she should have called a cab, maybe she did, they didn't say. They always stress Don't drnk and drive so she did the right thing by trying to get a ride.

Think she deserved to get arrested?
I'd like to get Hondo's take on it
I'm sure she was arrested for abuse of 911 (calling 6 times) and not the fact she was drunk. The 911 should have called a cab for her after the 5th call; come on.
They must be pretty damn bored there. What *should* have happened was one of these two things:

1) Dispatcher calls a cab for the woman and tells her the ride is on the way

2) Dispatcher sends a patrol car out there to check her welfare.

It's hard to really say without knowing all the details. If she kept bothering them for no reason after they had called a cab then yeah...a PI arrest might have been in order. Again it depends on how busy they were and how pissed off the chick made them.
I would have gone to the bar she was at and asked her if she wanted to go into the bathroom with me.
I know we only hear about the stupid ones, but there are some moronic 911 operators out there.
Maybe I just hear about a lot of them because I'm pretty sure they hire people right out of the psych-ward to answer 911 calls in Detroit.
Chip Wrote:I know we only hear about the stupid ones, but there are some moronic 911 operators out there.
Maybe I just hear about a lot of them because I'm pretty sure they hire people right out of the psych-ward to answer 911 calls in Detroit.

Well, you figure a lot of the normal people were shot or just left town... It IS Detroit after all.
It is simple abuse of 911 facilities. 911 and the cops are not there for this. I don't care that she was drunk.

But then again on a completely different argument, I can't stand that cops have become tazer happy. Because it is considered non-lethal (several have died to to being tazed btw) doesn't give anybody the authority to use them without real cause. It pisses me off when I see cops have a guy down on the ground face down. They are having a little difficulty getting cuffs on him and they taze him. A guy talked back to a cop here and the cop tazed him and then just walked off. No report or anything.
There are a lot of misconceptions about taser use out there. A lot. The problem is all in perception. On a law enforcement use of force continuum using a taser comes between non-compliance to verbal commands and the use of empty hand control or impact weapons. The problem is that a lot of officers are not trained well enough to use empty hand control techniques or are just flat scared to lay hands on someone. The taser is easier and effective. And it's a perfectly legit, legal use of force. For me personally I never carried one nor did I want to. You could slam someone and unless they were visibly injured by it you never had to do a use of force report. You zap someone with a taser though and it was mandatory. Same as spraying someone with OC. I was perfectly comfortable taking someone down with old-fashioned DT techniques. It's a newer cop thing I guess.

Tasers carry a digital record of uses that are checked regularly. if it says it went off there better be a report as to who, where and why. Not saying Pokes is wrong but if some cop zapped someone and split there is a SERIOUS issue going on in that department. The new tasers even have digital video cameras that record the deployment.

The taser deaths are almost all caused by use of cocaine or some other CNS stimulant. For me personally if you're fighting the cops and die as a result then boo-hoo. You shouldn't have been acting like a jackass to begin with. Like anything the number of deaths directly attributable to taser use is VERY small...but they never talk about the number of deployments where nothing happens. Only the rare occurrences merit "news"