Dudebro Nation

Full Version: A neat way of doing business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw an interesting way of doing business today... A guy who has a reasonably sized yard put a sign up on his front lawn, "Taking bids for yard work Mowing trimming and clipping".
I think It is unique idea for services given the fact that it puts the consumer in control of the deals that are brokered. I am sure this also takes place on craigslist for items.
I would hope in anything like that, there would be certain safeguards that the consumer would have to assure contractually. For starters payments, insurances, and/or lisences etc. One still has to be a consumer.
I look at it this way, The Government does it, Why cant the public?
At the least, if the bid prices are higher than the shop around prices, the consumer has the right to go in either direction.
I may give this a try for window installation I need done.
Remember when you were a kid and you could either hit up the people at church or the neighborhood to do their yardwork for a few bucks or even shovel the know off their driveway? Good times and you didn't have to pay taxes on that.
I guess that't's kinda cool, but your going to be limited to the people who drive by your house and see it. Doesn't mean they're going to be with a reputable company. If your looking to get windows installed, most companys do free estimates you just have to call them.
I wouldn't trust some random guy who happened to be driving by my house and is willing to do the job for the cheapest price.
nnot looking for the drive by as I dont warrant enough traffic, I may go craigslist way. That being said, I would specifically spell out the criteria such as business credentials, contractors liscencing etc...
It's the whole buyer beware... I'd be more open to have the neighborhood kids put in bids to do the yardwork, but I wouldn't go that route for special projects that require some skill and know-how.