Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Where did you serve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Military service records
USAF 3708 BMTS Tech School Chanute AFB RI Air national Guard for a six year term.
Civilian RI Air national Guard Firefighter for 20 years +
Much respect bro. You are a braver man than me.
I was gonna say Adrianna's pizza when i was like 15.

My friends friend was in iraq for awhile. Dudes still cool but he's a little crazy now. He works for ups and someones dog tried to attack him and he smashed it in the head with his metal clipboard and killed it. Still has his job though, but they denied him his pistol permit.
He is kind of a storyteller though so i can't confirm that
I tried but apparently wasnt good enough. I only had the 2nd highest ASVAB score in the state and scored extremely well on the advanced test.
I put some serious thought into it way back, but my mom and grandma told me no way and that they didn't think I was cut out for it (they swayed me)... My sister was National Guard MP. She did some time in Hurricane Katrina while I took care of her daughter.
I was in the Army from 1990 until 2002, started as reserves, in basic Saddam invaded Kuwait, I was offered to go active for most of two years. Then reserves until I decided I was too old (29) to do that overseas desert war stuff again, especially since I was getting a lot of heat headaches. "Retired" as an E-6.

I will admit this, I miss it, almost everyday. I have considered going back again, but I have to much responsibility now to risk it. I was a specialized Infantry soldier in a high risk job.
Took the test for the Army and nailed it. A week later I got scholorships from an automotive competition I competed in and decided not to miss out on the opportunity. I still regret not serving.
Thanks to whoever served or is serving!!! :clap: :high5:
I am thinking of joining when I am done with school,but I'm not sure if I'm built enough for infantry,which is what I want to do.I'm around 5'8" and just under 150 lbs.
I got run around when the RCMC came to my high school. I just wanted to join the Canadian Armed Forces, but they gave me some convoluted answer, so I said screw it.
Test
i bleed green Wrote:I am thinking of joining when I am done with school,but I'm not sure if I'm built enough for infantry,which is what I want to do.I'm around 5'8" and just under 150 lbs.

I don't know shit about the Canadian military.

Your size if fine for infantry, your just not gonna be the guy who lugs all the heavy gear, like I was. There was one point, lasted about two weeks while I was deployed, that I had to lug the 60, the prick77, spare ammo and spare batteries on top of my gear and a field telephone. Small dudes can't carry shit on long road marches. But I am 6'4" and at the time I was 200 to 220 lbs.

Why do you want to join? To serve, to learn or to make money? Which is primary?
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I am thinking of joining when I am done with school,but I'm not sure if I'm built enough for infantry,which is what I want to do.I'm around 5'8" and just under 150 lbs.

I don't know shit about the Canadian military.

Your size if fine for infantry, your just not gonna be the guy who lugs all the heavy gear, like I was. There was one point, lasted about two weeks while I was deployed, that I had to lug the 60, the prick77, spare ammo and spare batteries on top of my gear and a field telephone. Small dudes can't carry shit on long road marches. But I am 6'4" and at the time I was 200 to 220 lbs.

Why do you want to join? To serve, to learn or to make money? Which is primary?
To serve.I respect the hell out of those guys that do it.It's something that I have always thought about doing,but I was always worried about whether I would be able to handle it if I got wounded or screwed up in the head.I just figured that it's a bridge that I would have to worrying about crossing if I got to it.I quit school a few years early unfortunately so I am going back now to get my G12 diploma.i need at least a grade 10 but I figured I might as well finish high school while I'm at it.