Dudebro Nation

Full Version: wake up routine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
what or how do you wake up in the AM?

Myself, (Workday)
0500 Alarm goes off, 1/2 hr of listening to AM radio local news
0530 doze back off
0545 Oh shit I have to get going
0547 shower on Ahhh Bladder relief
0600 out of shower drying off and dressing
0610 trip by home computer to check emails/posts/facebook
0620 in the car off to work
0700 into work, roll call
0730 breakfast at the firehouse...
0800 Morning is over get working...
0645 Alarm goes off and don't want to get up
0700 Swoot gotta get up
0705 Pack lunch
0710 Eat breakfast
0720 Brush teeth
0725 In van and on the road
0745 Pull into shop
0800 Get job assignments
0810 Load needed shit in van
0820 Back on the road
0830-1000 depending on how far away arrive at job site.
03:00 Alarm.. oh, fuck... snooze
03:15 Alarm.. Knightryda, get your ass up
03:25 Knightryda get your damn ass up
03:30 Back to sleep
06:00 Alarm.. dammit snooze
06:10 Alarm.. Oh, come on!
06:20 Fine! I'm up
06:30 Finally get out of bed
06:45 Stagger to shower
07:10 Get dressed
07:15 Wake up sleeping dogs
07:18 Get dogs outside to do their morning business
07:19 Fill food dishes for the doggies and grab a yogurt for me
07:28 Lock up dogs for the day and head to work
08:00 Get to work
08:01 Bitch about my crappy pc and try to get my Sirius connection up and running
08:05 Zone out after my cup of cocoa
0715 alarm
0745 get up
0750 shower
0755 get dressed
0800 haul ass to work
0804 clock in at work
6:50 alarm goes off, hit snooze
7:00 alarm goes off again, actually get up
7:01 check DBN
7:05 shower, brush teeth, dress myself
7:30 eat breakfast, make lunch, check DBN, FB, etc
8:00 leave for work
8:15 stop by pharmacy to get 2 mt. dews for the day
8:30 pretend to work
5:20 - Alarm goes off... hit snooze
5:30 - Alarm goes off... get up.
5:35 - Feed the most annoying cats ever!!!
5:40 - Get dressed.
5:45 - Get juice tippy ready to go.
5:50 - 6:10 - fight with my son to get up and ready to go for the day.
6:15 - brush hair, teeth & take vitamins (me & my son)
6:20 - Fight with Mike to get his shoes & coat on
6:30 - Buckle the kid in the car, drive to the babysitters
6:35 - Arrive at babysitters house.
6:40 - Drive to work
7:25 - Arrive at work.
7:30 - Start my work day.

** Depends on the morning, Wednesday it's my day to pick up coffee for the office, some mornings I drop my son off in the city with my husband who starts work between 4 - 5 am. **
5:45 - Alarm
5:46 - Shower
6:00 - Small Breakfast
6:15 - Look for clothes in the dark so I don't wake up Kristen
6:30 - Get Dressed
6:40 - Drive to work
7:00 - Stop at BK for a coffee
7:30 - Still Driving
8:00 - Still Driving
8:30 - Arrive at work if traffic isn't bad.
All you guys have alot of time in between waking up, and until you are actually at work. Honestly from the time I roll out of bed, shower, get dressed it's like 20 minutes.

I have worked at places where I had at least a 2 hour wake up, to clock in time though, and that sucks fucking ass. That usually means you have a 2 hour, clock out, to home too.

This is 4 hours of your day (some people more of course), that you do not make money, and the time is lost, in the pursuit to make money.

4 hours is alot of freaking time when you think about it. Thats a relaxing dinner out, and a movie. 18 holes of golf, A sports game, etc...

So in the pursuit of money, we lose sight of the reason that we are working for anyway, which is to have money, to have fun, to have nice things.
LeNeve Wrote:All you guys have alot of time in between waking up, and until you are actually at work. Honestly from the time I roll out of bed, shower, get dressed it's like 20 minutes.

I have worked at places where I had at least a 2 hour wake up, to clock in time though, and that sucks fucking ass. That usually means you have a 2 hour, clock out, to home too.

This is 4 hours of your day (some people more of course), that you do not make money, and the time is lost, in the pursuit to make money.

4 hours is alot of freaking time when you think about it. Thats a relaxing dinner out, and a movie. 18 holes of golf, A sports game, etc...

So in the pursuit of money, we lose sight of the reason that we are working for anyway, which is to have money, to have fun, to have nice things.

Agreed, however, there is a lot more prep time to start your day. It is harder to build up the day than to break it down.
I agree with sitting in your home, chilling with a coffee, and watching the news. This is not wasted time.
The 2 hour drive pays about 20k a year more than local jobs.
Joe In PA Wrote:The 2 hour drive pays about 20k a year more than local jobs.
If gas prices keep goin up you'll end up spendin that in gas.
My uncle who lives near me drives everyday from here to his work in Winchester Va and back. 3hr trip on 81 each way.

Yeah it pays more, but you can't really enjoy the money, right?

I used to work at an engine rebuilding shop/ field service work. The boss always said if you want more money, then work more hours. I thought "sure that makes sense". I woke up at 5:00, and drove almost 80 miles to get there by 6:30. Then worked my ass off, in the middle of a corn field, in 100 degree heat, untill 10 at night. Get back to the shop, then drive home, totally physically exhausted, and after a shower, and dinner, plop into bed at midnight. Then the next morning same thing.

I made great money doing this. Time and a half overtime deal, but I never could spend any of the money I was making. All I would do is wake up, drive, work like a slave, then try to get home without passing out. It sucked. Whats the point in doing that?

Luckily I found a job that I get the same amount for a 40 hour week. 8-5 thats my cut off now. I make the money, and I have time to enjoy it. I am not rich at all, but I enjoy every last cent, and the free time.
the keifer Wrote:
If gas prices keep goin up you'll end up spendin that in gas.
My uncle who lives near me drives everyday from here to his work in Winchester Va and back. 3hr trip on 81 each way.

That is another thing. I had to fill up on a 1.5 day rotation, which ran me, at the time, 100 bucks a week, I think. 400 a month. 400 a month is higher than my mortgage here in KS. Gas is like a dollar more per gallon now too.
Your mortgage is less than 400 a month???
Pages: 1 2 3 4