Dudebro Nation

Full Version: DB Convention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey DBN!
Just letting you guys know that I'm pretty pumped about the convention this summer. Should be some really fun times!
Hoping alot of you guys could make it out here. Looking forward to meeting all the people that make the show happen!
And Big Fan, if it makes you happy, you can even call me by my full name. Lets Go Mets!
Rich
So how many of us won't be there?

Me............too bad its not on a weekend
I'll be 8 months preggo. Travelling to the states is not in the plans. Hope those you do attend have fun and don't forget to take pics...
I really wish it was on a weekend. I am hearing rumors now about that time of month becoming a black out (which means no vacations allowed for anyone)
Well, we are still planning on a weekend. I will put up a new poll. I am pretty sure we will not be there the same time as the TOMB guys b/c no one seems to be able to do it on the weekdays.
New poll up for voting. everyone PLEASE vote, we will get this settled.
I know that pretty much none of you guys will be there. I still feel bad about that but while weekends work well for us, they wouldn't work as well for Covino. Seeing as though he hates planning so much, I made the date and am asking him to "bring the fun." :mrgreen:

I'm glad that Rich is excited about it, and if any of you can come, I will be pleased to meet you. Otherwise, whenever you all do meet I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Mercer, it looks like DBN might be piggybacking the main trip, so if people want to stick around for the weekend, DBN peeps will be there then.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Mercer, it looks like DBN might be piggybacking the main trip, so if people want to stick around for the weekend, DBN peeps will be there then.

I think it'd be awesome if you did the days after the ones I set up! Big Grin

My flight leaves Friday evening...my friend doesn't seem keen on me staying with him all week, so with the extra expense for hotels I decided I would only stay until then. If you all plan to go to the show that day I can meet you there. I will have to go to the airport by like 4:30 or 5.
Not even necessarily on a weekend...it should have been on a Friday, so people could take off on Friday and if they want make a weekend of it in New York....the mid-week time just doens't work for me.
I'm thinking at the very least I'd be able to make it up there on the Friday of that week. Even if I can't spend the whole weekend I'd still like to be there for the one day.

I'm sure that if it came down to it Covino would stick around. He seems pretty serious about doing things to benefit the show.
Well we will see b/c it looks like the DBN contingent is going to be there on a Friday. Which is what I preferred from the start anyway, but I fully understand why Mercer picked the dates he did. No problem with that, he was just trying to make life easier for everyone, but maybe we should have considered two legs to the convention from the get go, the weekday leg and the weekend leg. Doesn't matter, that's what it is turning into anyway.
Yeah, when I went with the weekdays I felt expanding it to the weekend was a viable option. I just wanted a quicker confirmation to things so I could get the ball rolling.

Anyway, if any of you are in the NY area and are interested in going to the baseball game on the 9th of June, let me know here or Facebook or wherever. I'm trying to get a head count of how many people want to go so I can get tickets. The big party areas are out; I called the Mets today and they had nothing available. So, I'm going with "plan B" which is a block of tickets in one of the upper deck areas. I'm shooting for the Promenade Infield Box seats which are $20 per ticket for that game. I have to get a minimum of 25 tickets, and I currently have about 16 accounted for.
I don't know if I want to meet the guys. I hold them pretty high and don't want to be let down like when Covino met Lenny Kravitz or when Rich met Pin Man
[Image: image.axd?picture=adamblog.jpg]
BigFan, if you come to the baseball game I will buy you a beer, ha! :-)