Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Planning this year's vacation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The wife and I will soon be buying our tickets for our big vacation this year. The current plan is:

Fly out of Tulsa on 6/12 to Chicago through Heathrow to Amsterdam (arrive on 6/13). Stay 4 days there then train ride (or flight whichever is cheaper/easier) to Paris where we will stay 3 days. Ride the Chunnel to London for 6 days flying home on 6/26.

I've got it scheduled so I can watch a World Cup match for the Netherlands while we are in Amsterdam, France while we are in Paris, and England while we are in London.

I've been to Amsterdam 5 years ago and London 4 years ago but never been to Paris. We picked Amsterdam because last time it was at the end of the trip and the family members we were with were wore out and so we had to really go a lot slower and didn't get to see everything we wanted to see. My wife hasn't been to London so that is why we are going there. Paris is just so we can get those pictures out of the way. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get to start my Rosetta Stone French so that I can at least make an effort.

My only real plan is to run in every city and just experience it.

I think next year or the following year will be Thailand.
That sounds like fun Pokes. I was in Paris this past summer for a day and I think the third day you will be itching to leave. The people are assholes and two days is more than enough to see everything good in Paris itself.

We are staying simple this year. New York City and possibly Ocean City, MD are in our plans.

Next year we are going to Russia again, St. Petersburg then Chelyabinsk. Either Paris or London on the way back for a day or two.

In 2012 we are doing Russia again, not sure what cities, but maybe back to Moscow again, where I will walk down the Moskva to Gorky Park again. Might hit up AMsterdamn of Germany for a day or two on the way back.
I've been told that the best country to visit in Europe is Italy... It's beautiful there and the people are more friendly. I've never been to Europe, I just know people who have.
Italy is on the future agenda. There is a country (can't think of it right now) the is just to the east of Italy that I want to see as well. I understand that it is FAR less expensive.

Also, if I play my cards right I might get a week of training in Finland here in a couple months.

But of course that would make the wife upset until I promised to take her someplace else to make up for it. It wouldn't matter that I wouldn't get to see anything due to being in class, etc. If I enter a foreign country, she wants to be there.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:That sounds like fun Pokes. I was in Paris this past summer for a day and I think the third day you will be itching to leave. The people are assholes and two days is more than enough to see everything good in Paris itself.

We are staying simple this year. New York City and possibly Ocean City, MD are in our plans.

Next year we are going to Russia again, St. Petersburg then Chelyabinsk. Either Paris or London on the way back for a day or two.

In 2012 we are doing Russia again, not sure what cities, but maybe back to Moscow again, where I will walk down the Moskva to Gorky Park again. Might hit up AMsterdamn of Germany for a day or two on the way back.
so your not comming to chicago to visit? Confusedad: Confusedad: Confusedad: Confusedad:
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:That sounds like fun Pokes. I was in Paris this past summer for a day and I think the third day you will be itching to leave. The people are assholes and two days is more than enough to see everything good in Paris itself.

so your not comming to chicago to visit? Confusedad: Confusedad: Confusedad: Confusedad:

That would be a weekender not an entire week. Like Friday to Sunday. Still planning on it though, probably in August.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

That would be a weekender not an entire week. Like Friday to Sunday. Still planning on it though, probably in August.
let me know, I got ticket to 2 weekend cubs games in Aug, I could rangle up a couple more depending upon which weekend. That is if you wanted to see the pirates former player Aramis Ramirez
You should go to Haiti. It's very popular this time of year.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310/saturday-night-live-bad-idea-jeans">http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310/saturda ... idea-jeans</a><!-- m -->

"I usually use protection. But then I thought... When I gonna make it back to Haiti?"
OK. So far we have 10 of the 13 nights of lodging taken care of.

I pricelined a hotel in Amsterdam. Got a 4* right next to the Van Gogh Museum for $74 a night ($82 if you count taxes and fees). This is normally a $225 a night place.

We are staying in a half hotel/half B&B place in London just north of Hyde Park. Cost is 65 pounds per day (about $100/day).

Just need to find a good place in Paris that won't break the bank.
Pokes28 Wrote:OK. So far we have 10 of the 13 nights of lodging taken care of.

I pricelined a hotel in Amsterdam. Got a 4* right next to the Van Gogh Museum for $74 a night ($82 if you count taxes and fees). This is normally a $225 a night place.

We are staying in a half hotel/half B&B place in London just north of Hyde Park. Cost is 65 pounds per day (about $100/day).

Just need to find a good place in Paris that won't break the bank.

When I was in Paris I just needed a place to crash, so I stayed here:

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-paris-fr...e_country=

It was not 5 star, or even 4 star, but it was clean, in a good neighborhood, big clean bathrooms, flat screen and a frig. It worked out well for what I needed, a place to crash.
Dudebro Convention in NY. Best trip ever.