Dudebro Nation

Full Version: engagement ring discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Krissy In PA

ok so joe and i were looking at engagement rings the other day, not engaged yet so calm down everyone....just getting ideas, and the issue is that joe wants me to have a plain diamond solitaire...my point is that he should propose with the ring i like due to the fact that i have to wear it forever....i need everyones input please.......Thanks
Actually you don't have to wear it forever (and given the statistics probably won't). Sorry for the reality check...

At any rate he should take your input into consideration but the solitaire diamond can be reset later on into just about any custom arrangement you can think of. I have an excellent private jeweler who can really help you guys out with this. PM me if you want details.
Krissy In PA Wrote:ok so joe and i were looking at engagement rings the other day, not engaged yet so calm down everyone....just getting ideas, and the issue is that joe wants me to have a plain diamond solitaire...my point is that he should propose with the ring i like due to the fact that i have to wear it forever....i need everyones input please.......Thanks
Maybe it would be better if you posted pictures so they could see.

The argument is that the rings that she likes just don't look like traditional engagement riings.
Holy Scary Topic!!!!!! Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!! My instinctive advice to to say run...... Run fast and run far........

So, the engagement ring isn't the ring you wear forever??? I'm confused
Also, if you 2 decide to get married.... IT BETTER SHOW UP ON JOE CAM!!!!!!!
beckster Wrote:Also, if you 2 decide to get married.... IT BETTER SHOW UP ON JOE CAM!!!!!!!
I assume, we would all be invited?
let me get this straight, you were looking at engagement rings and dragged joe along, but he doesnt like the ring you picked out. Hmmmm.....might be a sign?

:j/k:
Derick Wrote:let me get this straight, you were looking at engagement rings and dragged joe along, but he doesnt like the ring you picked out. Hmmmm.....might be a sign?

no no......I think your on to something! :roflmao:
I let my wife pick out her ring, it was nothing like what I would have picked out myself nut she really likes it. It was also quite a bit more than I wanted to spend but I figured it will be a one time purchase.
My wife had NOTHING to do with her engagement ring.

I designed it by myself, with the help of a private jeweler. It is a one of a kind.

I can see both sides, but I think the woman should be happy to get one, it's not the looks but the meaning.

But to avoid argument, if your already discussing it, why not just throw out what you want and he can personalize it a little to give it a "Joe" feeling.
I look at the engagement rings in the ads and such.. Most of them look over-done and gawdy to me. I would prefer something simple. I guess it really depends on the girl, though. Take her style into consideration, but do your own thing. It's supposed to be a surprise deal, right?

(UNLESS, you some fuckin baller who can walk her into a jewelry store and have her take her pick... I can't remember what movie that was)
I picked out my own engagement ring, I just wanted something simple but my husband didn't want to spend money on something I didn't want.
However with position at work, I can't wear it. I'm often holding tools in engines or doing other random thngs so both my wedding ring and engagement ring sit in the box.
Word, you have to get what the female wants and chances are, her taste is better than yours.
Size wise, I heard it should be 1 carat for every inch you are under 8"
Checkout the ring Rich got for Sara Toots

[Image: diamond-ring.jpg]

Krissy In PA

ok so so far u guys r not helping......my argument is that i do not want somee boring single stone solitaire that everyone else has,....i want it to reflect me and my great sense of style.....i do agree that it should be a surprise but i want to b surprised w something i like, besides joe has completely different taste than me....and yes u will al be invited when it happens

Krissy In PA

Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:let me get this straight, you were looking at engagement rings and dragged joe along, but he doesnt like the ring you picked out. Hmmmm.....might be a sign?

no no......I think your on to something! :roflmao:

joe is not going anywhere and he already told me we will eventually be married.....so whatever....lol.....
Pages: 1 2