Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Luger dies in Olympics practice crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(CNN) -- A luge slider from Georgia was killed Friday when he crashed during an Olympic training session hours before the opening ceremony of the Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Georgian Embassy and the International Olympic Committee said.

Nodar Kumaritashvili, 21, was near the end of the course when he had a "serious crash" and was propelled off the track, according to the IOC. Video of the crash shows Kumaritashvili lying motionless after being thrown from his sled and striking a steel pole as he was coming out of the course's last turn.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ba_1266003820
video fail
Derick Wrote:video fail
[Image: skit_lg.gif]
I don't know if it makes me dick or what,but although I realize its sad I am indifferent.I'm not saying I don't care but I feel nothing when I think about it.
i bleed green Wrote:I don't know if it makes me dick or what,but although I realize its sad I am indifferent.I'm not saying I don't care but I feel nothing when I think about it.

When you're going over 90 miles an hour on a sled, can we be THAT surprised?
My jaw dropped when I saw the video. I couldn't have felt worse for that kids family. And I'm considered an a-hole!
I refuse to watch the video. My husband said he was eating dinner and watching TV at work when they saw it on the local news... apparantly you can hear the steel beam after he hits and popping noises... just the thought makes me want to throw up.

That course is apparantly THE fastest course in all of the world, and with the accident they are considering to cancel all luge and bobsled races in this year's Olympics.
It's sad because he was a kid in the prime of his life. Bummer
Nussie_T Wrote:I refuse to watch the video. My husband said he was eating dinner and watching TV at work when they saw it on the local news... apparantly you can hear the steel beam after he hits and popping noises... just the thought makes me want to throw up.

That course is apparantly THE fastest course in all of the world, and with the accident they are considering to cancel all luge and bobsled races in this year's Olympics.

They ended up changing the trajectory (slowed them up 5-10 mph) and put a wall up where the beam was.
ap bikini team Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I refuse to watch the video. My husband said he was eating dinner and watching TV at work when they saw it on the local news... apparantly you can hear the steel beam after he hits and popping noises... just the thought makes me want to throw up.

They ended up changing the trajectory (slowed them up 5-10 mph) and put a wall up where the beam was.

I read that yesterday... I also read they are blaming the luger instead of the track.
Nussie_T Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:

I read that yesterday... I also read they are blaming the luger instead of the track.

Well considering EVERYONE didn't die, I would say it was driver error too.
They actually showed the video on the news. That was awful! I can't believe they even showed the video. I don't want to watch someone die like that! Terrible
ap bikini team Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:

Well considering EVERYONE didn't die, I would say it was driver error too.

True. True. Numbers don't lie. That course kills 100% of Nodar Kumaritashilis, but not 100% of ever other competitor.