Dudebro Nation

Full Version: When you were a kid...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was assisting knightryda's daughter with her homework last night. Something that she did not want to do. She’s 7 yrs and was trying like hell to get out of her homework. It was comical how she tried to play me to get out of it. From the constant wiggling to having to use the bathroom, the sighing, and even an “induced” cough attack It reminded me of when I was a kid and was told to do something and tried like hell to do everything but. Do any of you remember those days? (Covino take notes. You’ll be experiencing this stuff soon)
I don't ever remember having homework untill junior high probaly. I never did it then though.
LeNeve Wrote:I don't ever remember having homework untill junior high probaly. I never did it then though.

Unless I was sick, I didn't have any homework until probably 4th or 5th grade. It's different nowadays, I guess.

But I remember hating it and my mom would threaten us to get it done.
I started getting homework in 3rd or 4th grade.

Since I was a french immersion student and all my school work was done in French. Both of my parents didn't speak french so I had to rely on my sister to help me out. One night after our 3 hour gymnastics class I was sitting at the table doing my homework getting frustrated at a stupid math problem and my mom was freaking out at me for not paying attention in class... I got pissed off and attempted to jab a pencil into my math homework and accidentally jabbed my finger. The pencil lead broke off in my finger, my mom thought I was trying to get out of my homework by telling her what I did... none the less.. I am 23 years old with a piece of pencil lead in my finger. Attached is a shitty picture taken of the pencil lead still stuck in my finger.
haha what a doofus. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Nussie_T Wrote:I started getting homework in 3rd or 4th grade.

Since I was a french immersion student and all my school work was done in French. Both of my parents didn't speak french so I had to rely on my sister to help me out. One night after our 3 hour gymnastics class I was sitting at the table doing my homework getting frustrated at a stupid math problem and my mom was freaking out at me for not paying attention in class... I got pissed off and attempted to jab a pencil into my math homework and accidentally jabbed my finger. The pencil lead broke off in my finger, my mom thought I was trying to get out of my homework by telling her what I did... none the less.. I am 23 years old with a piece of pencil lead in my finger. Attached is a shitty picture taken of the pencil lead still stuck in my finger.
why dont you take it out?
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I started getting homework in 3rd or 4th grade.

why dont you take it out?

I am the biggest baby when it comes to pain, you would have to knock me out to get it out. It's been in there for 13 years and it doesn't bother me.
Um... OUCH! :?

I used to dawdle around doing everything but my homework.
I did what I was told to do when I was told to do it. When I was a kid your dad knocked the shit out of you if you didn't. My kids do what they are told when they are told too.

Funny how that works...
I had such horrible ADD that I'd sit down to do my homework and would find myself spaced out an hour later with nothing done.

Come to think of it, nothing has changed except now I get paid to space out.
Hondo Wrote:I did what I was told to do when I was told to do it. When I was a kid your dad knocked the shit out of you if you didn't. My kids do what they are told when they are told too.

Funny how that works...

+1