Dudebro Nation

Full Version: DBN trip to NY month and time of week poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not only do I need you to vote, I need you to state what you voted and why. I will then keep a list right here, updated, on the first post, so we can see what we are looking at.

May weekend - Derick, Nussie_T, Brampton

June Midweek - Brian in NY, Mercer, Unknown voter

June weekend - Pete Nice, (Brampton), Unknown voter

To early to make a decision - Beckster, DaveP

Can not go at all - Michealangelo, LeNeve, Chip, AirHej, Keefer
Not going.
Derick - may weekend
but would be open to an late april weekend, june is to late, too much going on in the summer months
I'd love to go. Just gotta find a job to pay for it first.
It's a great idea, but I don't think I'm going to be able to plan a week/weekend around it. I'm in NYC a couple of times a year. If it happens to take place when I'm there, then I'll definitely participate, but as of right now, I'm gonna be a no.
I have to wait until February to see whether I can afford it or not. I have to pick up the slack for my dude right now.
I chose May weekend, I've got holidays to used and my husband can live not working one set of shifts. I don't know if in the states you have a May long weekend, however Canada does which is the weekend of the 21st - 24th. That would be a good weekend, close to June and the nice weather but far away from the cool weather of Spring...

I would also consider April.
We do have a long weekend, it's memorial day. It's the last weekend. I have to work, so if it's that weekend, I am out.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:We do have a long weekend, it's memorial day. It's the last weekend. I have to work, so if it's that weekend, I am out.

Well then, the weekend I suggest would be good then no??
Please decide on this quickly. June was the top choice 3 weeks ago. I know that it wasn't the top choice on this forum, so I asked whether you wanted to do June or have 2 separate visits. There are 17 people on the other forum last week who said June 8-10 was OK. They would like to start thinking about securing lodging and airfare.

I personally think adding the weekend after those dates would be perfect for anyone who doesn't have vacation time, but everyone has their own situation to deal with (like having children or other summer commitments) that can't be easily worked around.

We may end up having to do 2 separate visits. I didn't want to do that, but if that's what works for more people, then so be it. That's why I asked about that a few weeks ago. I just want to know what you decide so I can tell the people who want to meet in June to make plans and get everything finalized.

I want to make this work for everyone on both forums. I just need to know (like Marc Anthony) what we're looking at.
I have updates the list in the first post.

I would like to get responses from some people like Iva, Joe, Paul, DaveP, Keefer, Brian, Negadave, Brampton etc. Especially since they are all close enough to drive with no problem.
I voted June midweek, but like I have said the timing doesn't matter to me. I just need to know when.
The only thing that is stopping me from committing to a date is work. I could say now that I want a week off in June, but when the time gets closer, I may not get it.
So making plans and spending money of something I might not be able to get off for doesn't really make sense. I would probably have to make the decision a week or so before the date. If I would go, I would stay with my cousin, she lives in Brooklyn.. how far from the studio is that? I really don't know shit about New York.
DaveP Wrote:The only thing that is stopping me from committing to a date is work. I could say now that I want a week off in June, but when the time gets closer, I may not get it.
So making plans and spending money of something I might not be able to get off for doesn't really make sense. I would probably have to make the decision a week or so before the date. If I would go, I would stay with my cousin, she lives in Brooklyn.. how far from the studio is that? I really don't know shit about New York.

Anywhere in Brooklyn is a good location to get to the studio.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:The only thing that is stopping me from committing to a date is work. I could say now that I want a week off in June, but when the time gets closer, I may not get it.

Anywhere in Brooklyn is a good location to get to the studio.

Well the only thing that is holding me back is time off from work. If I have a free place to stay.. the trip really wouldn't cost too much. Rental car would probably be my biggest expense. I don't want to take mine that gets about 16mpg, would probably make up the difference in gas renting a compact.
Pages: 1 2 3