Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Buying liquor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live in PA, which has state run stores as the only place to buy alcohol. The PA Liquor Control Board (PLCB) is basically the closest thing to the Nazi parties the world has seen since the 1940's. They also work off laws that have not been updated since the 1930's.

My question is, how is your liquor sales where your at? Do you have a good wide variety?

What state has the cheapest prices?

I like to buy stuff when I am in NJ and NY b/c there is greater selection, but price seems the same.

Another thing, when we go to this C&R convention, we should each buy one of these recommended liquors, you can find ANYTHING in NYC, and we can all sit down and pregame with them and asses if we like them or not.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:My question is, how is your liquor sales where your at? Do you have a good wide variety?

What state has the cheapest prices?

Another thing, when we go to this C&R convention, we should each buy one of these recommended liquors, you can find ANYTHING in NYC, and we can all sit down and pregame with them and asses if we like them or not.

Almost every party store, drug store, grocery store, and even gas stations sell alcohol in Michigan. It get more of the rarer things you would have to hit up a liquor store, though. Prices aren't too bad. And we get ten cents per can/bottle back on our beers and most malts. Michigan rocks the bottle deposit!
we've got Bevmo in CA, it's like costco for booze(imagine a grocery store with nothing but alcohol and snacks), they have a great selection (we're talking like 15ish kinds of bourbon (a subset of whiskey for those who don't know)

prices aren't the greatest (handle 1.75 of makers mark is usually just a hair under $30), but the selection is great

for pricing comparison, maybe we should pick a standard item

locally if you catch a sale you can get a 30 pack of domestic beer (coors bud miller) for 18-22 bucks
Bevmo sounds great. I will have to check that out next time I am in CA, right after I hit In-n-Out Burger

Angie81

here in Ulysses, Ks we have 3 liquor stores, i happen to work at one of them, there is no trouble getting what you need for a good night or just something to relax!!!
****Liquor****
is pretty cheap
***Cans****
30 packs of Bud light- Coors light = 23.80
18 pack of Bud light- Coors light =15.70
12 packs of Bud light- Coors light=11.20
6 pack of Bud light- Coors light= 6.60
****Bottles****
20 packs of Bud light -Coors light= 19.20
12 packs of Bud light- Coors light=11.75
6 packs of Bud light- Coors light=6.30
so, what do you guys think???
I'm in the Communist Wealth Of Pa here so like Pete sead it's all state owned here. I tried getting in as a part time clerk at the one here on top of my current job about a year ago. The benifits would have been better than the ones I get now and the pay would've been good for being part time.
Cheapest place I've ever seen for alcohol is Texas. As long as you aren't in a dry county, they don't have horrible taxes.

For liquor (defined as anything not-beer for sake of discussion) - Oklahoma is pretty good. However don't buy beer in Oklahoma. They along with Utah are the only 3.2 states.

This is a gross generalization, but taxes are higher in highly populated liberal states than they are in lower populated conservative states. Taxes are really the only price differentiator as far as alcohol from state to state.
And what C&R Convention? What have I missed?
Angie81 Wrote:here in Ulysses, Ks we have 3 liquor stores, i happen to work at one of them, there is no trouble getting what you need for a good night or just something to relax!!!
****Liquor****
is pretty cheap
***Cans****
30 packs of Bud light- Coors light = 23.80
18 pack of Bud light- Coors light =15.70
12 packs of Bud light- Coors light=11.20
6 pack of Bud light- Coors light= 6.60
****Bottles****
20 packs of Bud light -Coors light= 19.20
12 packs of Bud light- Coors light=11.75
6 packs of Bud light- Coors light=6.30
so, what do you guys think???

Those prices are awesome. Up here you have to double those prices to know what we pay. :bullshit:
Ohio is decent, but I used to always go to Indiana or Kentucky for certain things most of the liquor ended up being cheaper plus if you needed grain alcohol for any reasons that was the way to go.
In BC, all alcoholic beverages are controlled by the provincial government (Liquor Distribution Branch)

The LDB has their own liquor stores in most cities in BC and this is where the prices will be the cheapest. The selection in larger cities is very good.

Private liquor stores can sell beer, wine, and liquor, but must purchase all of it from the LDB. Therefore they have to mark it up, and the selection usually sucks.

The company I work for has 20 specialty VQA (vinters quality alliance) wine stores that can only sell BC VQA wines. the price is exaclty the same as the gov't stores (therfore the cheapest) and the selection is much better. It's the best option for wine sales, however as I mentioned, they only are allowed to carry BC VQA wines, so you need to go to the gov't stores to get anything foreign.

No alcohol sales are permitted in any grocery store, 7-11, etc..
I agree.. Fuck PA and the Nazi liquor laws.. I couldn't buy booze on MLK day, what kind of bullshit is that. And "you can only carry out two 6 packs if its not a distributor" is fucking retarded too.
:riot: