Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

Just in case I get stuck on a call like last week I'm setup with wireless earbuds and have my suit ready to go hanging next to me.  I can take some comfort in knowing that after several months of searching for people they narrowed it down to two people.   On Tuesday they interviewed one of them and today they interview me.  They guy Tuesday didn't make it based on his answers to some of the questions they asked about technology from what the recruiter was telling me.  They recruiter also told me just because I'm the only one left doesn't mean I've got it.  They have gone rounds before and picked no one.  Confused
(11-07-2019, 09:39 AM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

Just in case I get stuck on a call like last week I'm setup with wireless earbuds and have my suit ready to go hanging next to me.  I can take some comfort in knowing that after several months of searching for people they narrowed it down to two people.   On Tuesday they interviewed one of them and today they interview me.  They guy Tuesday didn't make it based on his answers to some of the questions they asked about technology from what the recruiter was telling me.  They recruiter also told me just because I'm the only one left doesn't mean I've got it.  They have gone rounds before and picked no one.  Confused

I somehow missed that story... it was a good one though.   Good luck on your interview today.
Yeah, good luck Joe!
Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her. He doesn't. So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for... so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.
(11-07-2019, 09:39 AM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

You got this. Just be yourself... on second thought maybe you should wait until after you have the job to be yourself lol. Good luck man
(11-07-2019, 11:23 AM)JimInPA Wrote: [ -> ]

You got this. Just be yourself... on second thought maybe you should wait until after you have the job to be yourself lol. Good luck man

Yeah I'm going to hold back on being 100% me.   Big Grin

For the first time in many years I am ridiculously nervous about this one.

At least you have the right day this time (I hope). Good luck!!
(11-07-2019, 10:37 AM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her.  He doesn't.  So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for...  so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.

I thought I could do an internet search and figure it out. I found a bunch of stuff, but not that.

Sam, Stanley, Slick, Stalker... I dunno
Good Luck Joe! I need to find a good recruiter, going through these job sites and applying hundreds of times with no response is draining
(11-07-2019, 01:56 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2019, 10:37 AM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her.  He doesn't.  So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for...  so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.

I thought I could do an internet search and figure it out. I found a bunch of stuff, but not that.

I was going to say Single.  But I thought that was too easy.

Santiago, Sergio, Skeet, Sven, Seymour....

Are you willing to sleep your way to the top?
(11-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Chip Wrote: [ -> ]

That's why I left it off my list.
(11-07-2019, 07:38 PM)eddieyourdj Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you willing to sleep your way to the top?

Confused  I think Eddie is offering Joe a job....
(11-08-2019, 12:34 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Chip Wrote: [ -> ]

That's why I left it off my list.
Hahaha for some reason that never popped in my mind.  I started using girl names for S'.