Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 02/01/16 - I did it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have never been to RockTenn before, and i get really bad anxiety attacks when I have to drive somewhere I've never been before. Jims like the place is huge. Neglects the fact that the whole dock is inside a building. I had a major panic attack but I did it. [Image: 1e4c64c91a9acc3380e56c20fe0405bb.jpg]
Did you back the truck in?
Backing one of those deals? nice job!
I backed the truck up until the trailer hit the dock plate. There must have been like 6 of them watching through the overhead door windows. I got told I didn't do too bad. It took me 3-4 tries to stop panicking backing through the door then 2-4 more tries to make sure I wasn't hitting trailers and the posts. It's hard to see when it's bright out front and complete darkness behind you.
(02-01-2016, 12:00 PM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]I backed the truck up until the trailer hit the dock plate.  There must have been like 6 of them watching through the overhead door windows.  I got told I didn't do too bad.  It took me 3-4 tries to stop panicking backing through the door then 2-4 more tries to make sure I wasn't hitting trailers and the posts.   It's hard to see when it's bright out front and complete darkness behind you.

That would be super intimidating.  Hell, I've never even towed a trailer.
There are some days I wish I could be the man T is. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S6
(02-01-2016, 12:00 PM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]I backed the truck up until the trailer hit the dock plate.  There must have been like 6 of them watching through the overhead door windows.  I got told I didn't do too bad.  It took me 3-4 tries to stop panicking backing through the door then 2-4 more tries to make sure I wasn't hitting trailers and the posts.   It's hard to see when it's bright out front and complete darkness behind you.

Damn.  
I've only pulled a small trailer, and was surprised I was able to back it into my garage.  Crooked, but I still got it in there.
I've always wondered how truckers can back those up.

I'm really impressed.
Oh, and it was a 2 car garage, and it still took me a couple tries.
I feel shame.
(02-01-2016, 01:09 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be super intimidating.  Hell, I've never even towed a trailer.

It totally is. I'd rather pull a trailer behind my truck. But the smaller the trailer the harder it is.
(02-01-2016, 02:00 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]There are some days I wish I could be the man T is. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I hate driving truck. If Jim died or we split up it would be a last resort thing for me. I've driven the Maxim cube can a few times. They aren't so bad as long as you know it's hit. Bridges are bitches.
(02-01-2016, 02:09 PM)Chip Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn.  
I've only pulled a small trailer, and was surprised I was able to back it into my garage.  Crooked, but I still got it in there.

I'm really impressed.

The shorter the trailer the harder it is to back up. Remember that to make the trailer go left, turn the steering wheel right. Trailer right, truck left.
(02-01-2016, 02:35 PM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn.  

I'm really impressed.

The shorter the trailer the harder it is to back up.  Remember that to make the trailer go left, turn the steering wheel right.  Trailer right, truck left.

Thinking about it like that, I guess I can see that.  The shorter the trailer, the closer the wheels are to the pivot point, so each turn happens quicker.
(02-01-2016, 02:45 PM)Chip Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016, 02:35 PM)NussieT Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn.  

I'm really impressed.

The shorter the trailer the harder it is to back up.  Remember that to make the trailer go left, turn the steering wheel right.  Trailer right, truck left.

Thinking about it like that, I guess I can see that.  The shorter the trailer, the closer the wheels are to the pivot point, so each turn happens quicker.

I like big parking lots and easy docks.
Jimbo can back up his small flatbed trailer like it's nothing. I feel ashamed because I've never had to do it.

When I did warehouse work, I dealt with guy who amazed me they could even maneuver a truck since they came off as dumb as fuck.
Chip, John Scott was MVP..
Pages: 1 2