Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday Nov 24/15 - going to the symphony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My sister, brother in law, Jim and I are going to see the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra do Home Alone. Basically they play the movie on a big screen then the symphony plays all my the music for it. I'm excited.
How did you manage to get Jim to go to something like that?
I said "Jimbo. Laurel, Dave and I are going to see Home Alone featuring the WSO, want to go?" and he replied ok.
NussieT Wrote:I said "Jimbo. Laurel, Dave and I are going to see Home Alone featuring the WSO, want to go?" and he replied ok.

Damn... I can't get Jim to go anywhere lately.
That sounds kind of cool actually. Should keep all the usual aHme Alone riff raff crowd away.
LeNeve Wrote:That sounds kind of cool actually. Should keep all the usual aHme Alone riff raff crowd away.

The Symphony by itself can get boring after awhile (unless they have snacks and drinks), but I would like to be able to take my kid to them.. She loves music and I think she would enjoy it. My mom used to take us to some Christmas symphony/concert that was pretty cool is you were a kid.
Free Foo Fighters new music.

http://www.saintceciliaep.com/
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I said "Jimbo. Laurel, Dave and I are going to see Home Alone featuring the WSO, want to go?" and he replied ok.

Damn... I can't get Jim to go anywhere lately.
i bought grey cup (Canadian Super bowl) tickets in June. I paid $300 a piece of them. I didn't get him one because he doesn't even like football. Two days ago he said he wanted to come. I nearly slaughtered him. After I called the ticket office to see if there were 5 seats in a row or close together to get him one, he said he didn't want to go.
I used to play handbells for the church and took piano lessons when I was 6. When I turned 10 I really wanted to learn how to play the violin so I dropped piano and started. Grade 6 you have to take orchestra or drama. I played the flute, like my sister.
Grade 7 I changed to the clarinet, grade 10 I stated playing sax for jazz band.
I played the trumpet a few times and helped out on percussion a bunch. My dad told me I should have stuck with it.
I don't mind symphonies.
Maybe it all started with Metallica. Or maybe it was the musical episodes of Loony Toons.
But I'll even go through phases where I'll listen to the Pops channel on Sirius.
And there are a few "symphony metal" bands that I like.
I mean, how doesn't like Trans Siberian Orchestra? Especially their Christmas music.
I beat a mouse to death with a flute recently. I didn't know what else to do.
LeNeve Wrote:I beat a mouse to death with a flute recently. I didn't know what else to do.

A skin flute?
my employee back in off a driveway and proceeded to miss it. Then he let it run until I rode the loader the 5 miles there so he drained one fuel tank. I ended up backing up an entire mile. Days like these wish I was just a grunt Again

[Image: 722e0d5bc375cee7882ac5d9d0c90be5.jpg]
Chip Wrote:I don't mind symphonies.
Maybe it all started with Metallica. Or maybe it was the musical episodes of Loony Toons.
But I'll even go through phases where I'll listen to the Pops channel on Sirius.
And there are a few "symphony metal" bands that I like.
I mean, how doesn't like Trans Siberian Orchestra? Especially their Christmas music.

probably the looney tunes. I remember hearing some on the radio, and told my dad they were playing bugs bunny music. Then he locked me in the cellar and made me listen to Mozart for 7 days.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I beat a mouse to death with a flute recently. I didn't know what else to do.

A skin flute?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

no.. my daughters band flute. Confusedad:
Pages: 1 2