Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Help a soldier on Veterans' Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've contributed to this group since its inception in 2001. It is a totally legit operation and I'm asking everyone who can to send them a donation...even if it's just a couple of bucks.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://lbeh.org/">http://lbeh.org/</a><!-- m -->

Quote:OF COURSE we're doing it again this year! How could we pass up our NINTH opportunity to help our nation's military spend Christmas with their loved ones! That's right, each year we take donations to purchase plane tickets for junior enlisted military personnel, allowing them the opportunity to fly home and spend the holidays with their families. This program was initially started in December 2001 to show our grateful appreciation to American service members deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, and has become an annual tradition ever since.

And yet the world is a very different place from what it was nine years ago when you and I first began this journey. As public opinion for the war in Iraq has molded the phrase, "bring them home," to imply other motives, I want to take a minute and remind everyone of the purpose behind LBEH. We are not for the war in Iraq, nor are we against it. We are not Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green or Independent. We are not pro-Obama or pro-McCain. Our motives serve not to change world events, or your perception of them. Our mission is as simple, as it is noble. All we want to do is unite a few military families for the Christmas holiday. That's it. No hidden agendas, no political speeches. We just buy plane tickets for troops. Period.

Last year we raised over $63,000 and helped 72 soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines go home for Christmas. Our sincere thanks to everyone who donated last year! This year we understand the burden of a strained economy has us all in a pretty tough spot. People are losing their jobs, their houses, and their hope. The economic downturn has many pushed many of us towards financial hard times. But we're hoping to still pull off a few Christmas miracles for our deserving troops.

Here's my take. These men and women lay it on the line for all of us every day. Help a soldier see his family this Christmas. If you can't spare a few bucks for this then you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities.