Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 10/1/15 - Decorate Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So with it being Oct 1st is it time to decorate for Halloween?
October 1st always bums me out. It kind of marks the time for me. Plants are starting to die off. Trees have the look of a sickly old man, who knows his time is done. Within a month their comforting canopy of leaves, that sheltered me from harm, will be gone, revealing the cold gray skies of winters approach.

The pleasant sounding chirps of robins and others, replaced by the screech of a crow, and the lonely moan of the cold wind blowing through lifeless trees.
Ughh. I just bummed myself out to another level...
Joe Wrote:So with it being Oct 1st is it time to decorate for Halloween?

Sure, I don't think it's too early.
LeNeve Wrote:October 1st always bums me out. It kind of marks the time for me. Plants are starting to die off. Trees have the look of a sickly old man, who knows his time is done. Within a month their comforting canopy of leaves, that sheltered me from harm, will be gone, revealing the cold gray skies of winters approach.

The pleasant sounding chirps of robins and others, replaced by the screech of a crow, and the lonely moan of the cold wind blowing through lifeless trees.

What's wrong with you? I love this time of year. October might be the best month.
It's cool in the mornings, and warm in the afternoons.
It's the best time of year for sports. Baseball playoffs, college football, hockey, I'll even throw in the NFL.
Oktoberfest beers.
My bowling league just started up.

And, I really don't like summer.
It's so damn hot.
you get in the car and can't touch anything because it's 5000 degrees.
I can't see anything on the drive to and from work because the sun is always in my eyes and if I'm lucky my sunglasses have cooled off enough that I can put them on.
Yeah. Decorate now. Today. Probaly should have gotten some if it started last weekend.

Good luck finding halloween stuff under the mountains of Christmas shit thats been slowly building up since September first.
Ill get over it. The temperatures kick ass. I do agree. Just the first week or so im bummed while I adjust to changes.
Joe Wrote:So with it being Oct 1st is it time to decorate for Halloween?

Not gonna lie, since I had the day off yesterday, I spent it cleaning and started putting up a few decorations. I need all the free time I get though nowadays.
LeNeve Wrote:October 1st always bums me out. It kind of marks the time for me. Plants are starting to die off. Trees have the look of a sickly old man, who knows his time is done. Within a month their comforting canopy of leaves, that sheltered me from harm, will be gone, revealing the cold gray skies of winters approach.

That's depressing. Confusedad:

I had strawberry plants in a planter, so I pulled them inside and they are already perking up. If I can just remember to water them, I might get strawberries all winter long... Maybe.
Kids stomping around on my grass. Breaking sprinklers and shit. Im grumpy.

Someone wake that asshole from greenday up too. Lazy ass bitch.
Where's this story??

LeNeve Wrote:Remind me to tell you guys about the skatepark incident and the Stanton County sherriff who thought I was his deputy. Some real awkward shit just went down.
I love Summer, spring and fall come next and winter is dead last. I hate the cold.
I also don't decorate for Halloween, my kids dress up (the youngest does, the oldest said its stupid) and if they didn't get candy, Halloween would be a non event at our place.
Debbie Downer Wrote:Kids stomping around on my grass. Breaking sprinklers and shit. Im grumpy.

Someone wake that asshole from greenday up too. Lazy ass bitch.

Jeesh.
You're just a ray of sunshine today, huh?
NussieT Wrote:I love Summer, spring and fall come next and winter is dead last. I hate the cold.
I also don't decorate for Halloween, my kids dress up (the youngest does, the oldest said its stupid) and if they didn't get candy, Halloween would be a non event at our place.

I was surprised how similar your winter was to mine last year.
I hear stories about how cold it is in North Dakota, and I assume you have it worse than that.

Poet n shit

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Pages: 1 2 3 4