Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday - 8/9/2015 - Not yet...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yep, I still didn't put my notice in yet. I think I just feel bad about ditching the guys. That and I don't want them to walk me to the door 2 and a half weeks before my start date.
The shooting thing yesterday was crazy. I always worried about that with my last job because when we let people go they generally hated the company. I think they had the same fears when they let me go. For real, they actually cleared the place out and put everyone in out training center when they did it.
So late in the day on Tuesday they sat us down and told us all about the greatness of the new company that bought us. The bummer is that their plan for us includes taking the entire data center here and shipping it somewhere else. That would make our existence here pointless. Later on that night I signed the offer letter for the new job.
Oh I don't think I mentioned it, but I'll be a Server Administrator at the corp[orate office in York, PA for Bon Ton.

[Image: Bon-Ton.jpg]

You guys have those stores?
Joe Wrote:Yep, I still didn't put my notice in yet. I think I just feel bad about ditching the guys. That and I don't want them to walk me to the door 2 and a half weeks before my start date.

You should get one of those sympathy cards that say "sorry for your loss" for your notice.

But yeah, I've heard a lot of places that do that, just let you go as soon as you put in your notice.
Joe Wrote:So late in the day on Tuesday they sat us down and told us all about the greatness of the new company that bought us. The bummer is that their plan for us includes taking the entire data center here and shipping it somewhere else. That would make our existence here pointless. Later on that night I signed the offer letter for the new job.

High 5 to that. :high5:
Joe Wrote:Oh I don't think I mentioned it, but I'll be a Server Administrator at the corp[orate office in York, PA for Bon Ton.

I've never heard of it, but I looked and there are a couple near me.
Joe Wrote:Yep, I still didn't put my notice in yet. I think I just feel bad about ditching the guys. That and I don't want them to walk me to the door 2 and a half weeks before my start date.

Well, 2 weeks was the standard, so it's still early. It seems like most places want you out the door once you put your notice in anyway. Might as well wait.
Joe Wrote:The shooting thing yesterday was crazy. I always worried about that with my last job because when we let people go they generally hated the company. I think they had the same fears when they let me go. For real, they actually cleared the place out and put everyone in out training center when they did it.

You gotta quit scaring people.
Joe Wrote:Oh I don't think I mentioned it, but I'll be a Server Administrator at the corp[orate office in York, PA for Bon Ton.

I don't think I've ever seen one in Michigan.
There's a new online channel on Sirius called Turbo.
Hard rock from the 90's and 2000's.
I'm really liking it so far.
Chip Wrote:There's a new online channel on Sirius called Turbo.

I have to search for this.
Joe Wrote:

Confusedad:

It was going so good until it played Animals by Nickelback.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Confusedad:

I found it. I wonder if I can get it in my car. I also completely forgot Rock Bar existed.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Confusedad:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Pages: 1 2 3