Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 07/07/15 - oh hell no...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My laptop started doing funky shit the other day. My father in law is pretty competent when it comes to fixing them. I give it to him with him knowing ALL of our business stuff is on it and he restored it but apparently neglected to do the boot disk. Seriously not happy. All I was able to grab off of it was my quickbooks but even then I lost a shit load of stuff.
NussieT Wrote:My laptop started doing funky shit the other day. My father in law is pretty competent when it comes to fixing them. I give it to him with him knowing ALL of our business stuff is on it and he restored it but apparently neglected to do the boot disk. Seriously not happy. All I was able to grab off of it was my quickbooks but even then I lost a shit load of stuff.

You didn't back it up regularly?
Stories like this are why I don't like boxing:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/no-...47890.html
NussieT Wrote:My laptop started doing funky shit the other day. My father in law is pretty competent when it comes to fixing them. I give it to him with him knowing ALL of our business stuff is on it and he restored it but apparently neglected to do the boot disk. Seriously not happy. All I was able to grab off of it was my quickbooks but even then I lost a shit load of stuff.

:eek: FUCK! You messaged me and I was busy at the time. I totally forgot to get back to you. How far does it get when you power it on?
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

You didn't back it up regularly?

Our accounting program requires that you back it up every 4 times you use the program, so basically once every 2 days for us but my phone pictures and business documents that I don't use regularly haven't been backed up in months.
Everything was supposed to be backed up before he and the neighbour fiddled with it.
That laptop does nothing, payroll, accounting and that's it.
Joe Wrote:

:eek: FUCK! You messaged me and I was busy at the time. I totally forgot to get back to you. How far does it get when you power it on?

It's all right. That night I just let it sit at the starting windows until it final started so I started pulling my accounting stuff off. I left to go move laundry around and it just went to the lock screen but it was just a green background.
My FIL and his neighbour could get it started in safe mode but they said it was missing documents. they said they did a back up of what they could and tried to do the restore but they don't have the boot up disk.
Sup?
LeNeve, beat off any teenage dudes trying to bang your daughter the last few days?
Pete Nice Wrote:Sup?

My laptop is a fancy paperweight thanks to my FIL. I will need to drive into the city and buy a new one. My FIL suggests a desktop. I think he's gone cuckoo.
So is today maybe the day we see some titties from the girls in here?
NussieT Wrote:

My laptop is a fancy paperweight thanks to my FIL. I will need to drive into the city and buy a new one. My FIL suggests a desktop. I think he's gone cuckoo.

Don't get a desktop, it limits you too much.

I need a new laptop soon also, what kind are you thinking of getting? Sony stopped making laptops, so I am thinking HP next time, not sure yet though.

Jared is a pedobear.
Pete Nice Wrote:LeNeve, beat off any teenage dudes trying to bang your daughter the last few days?

He's been too busy coloring his dirt and burning buckets in the street.
You know. Kansas stuff.
Chip Wrote:

Jared is a pedobear.

I just renamed a folder on my desktop "The Good Stuff" for shits and giggles
At work, we tried using Google Drive to back up all of our working jobs.
But, it wasn't deleting stuff when we deleted it off our hard drives, so it eventually filled up and stopped backing things up.
And we have been too busy/lazy to try and figure it out.
Pages: 1 2 3