Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 ~ Road Trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to Joe, we all need to head to Carlisle this weekend for the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

I can't get approval for the time off I asked for in July, so I am not sure that I will get it for this weekend. I am going to buy one Megamillions ticket for tonight to settle the whole thing. If I win, I will be PA bound.
Well, my goal this month is now to quit this sorry ass job before my vacation, since my asshole boss has now decided that he's taking that time off so I can't. :flame: :flame: :flame:
The next couple of days for me will be busy. I have the internet guy showing up today to set up the internet in my new house. Tomorrow morning my son has a dentist appointment. My daughter has nursery school and its my last mandatory parent volunteer day ever and it's just my luck that we will be going to the police station for a visit.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:According to Joe, we all need to head to Carlisle this weekend for the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

I can't get approval for the time off I asked for in July, so I am not sure that I will get it for this weekend. I am going to buy one Megamillions ticket for tonight to settle the whole thing. If I win, I will be PA bound.
Stacy and I love having guests. Basically we are a free B&B to friends and family outside of PA. It would be a cheap trip.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Well, my goal this month is now to quit this sorry ass job before my vacation, since my asshole boss has now decided that he's taking that time off so I can't. :flame: :flame: :flame:
That's the same tactic Stacy's boss uses. She is a super asshole.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:According to Joe, we all need to head to Carlisle this weekend for the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

Stacy and I love having guests. Basically we are a free B&B to friends and family outside of PA. It would be a cheap trip.

I really need to plan a big PA trip. Besides you guys, I have a lot of relatives that way (my paternal grandparent's siblings are all in PA). It would be cool to meet them (haven't seen them since I was a child) and work on my geneology before they are all gone.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:According to Joe, we all need to head to Carlisle this weekend for the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals.

I really need to plan a big PA trip. Besides you guys, I have a lot of relatives that way (my paternal grandparent's siblings are all in PA). It would be cool to meet them (haven't seen them since I was a child) and work on my geneology before they are all gone.
Yeah I made that mistake not learning more about my gtandfather before he passed. This is a good area. If I didn't want to be closer to family I'd stay here for sure. It's a shame I'm not rich enough to just keep a house out here.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Well, my goal this month is now to quit this sorry ass job before my vacation, since my asshole boss has now decided that he's taking that time off so I can't. :flame: :flame: :flame:

It's a fucking power trip. His exacts words were "we don't have any plans to do anything or go anywhere". So, why is he taking it off? to be a dick. I've talked about wanting that week off for months. He also has a company temp pool that he could pull someone from if he really wanted to. Fucking asshole.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Stacy and I love having guests. Basically we are a free B&B to friends and family outside of PA. It would be a cheap trip.

Yeah I made that mistake not learning more about my gtandfather before he passed. This is a good area. If I didn't want to be closer to family I'd stay here for sure. It's a shame I'm not rich enough to just keep a house out here.

All my relatives keep getting older, so I am trying to write down everything I can and I need to work on organizing better. I want to have something decent to share with my nieces and daughter as they get older. I need to figure out where all the relatives are at, but I know that some of them are in Philipsburg area. I think Mom told me they are rather scattered.

I just need to come into a shit ton of cash, so I can live where I want with no worries.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Well, my goal this month is now to quit this sorry ass job before my vacation, since my asshole boss has now decided that he's taking that time off so I can't. :flame: :flame: :flame:

It's a fucking power trip. His exacts words were "we don't have any plans to do anything or go anywhere". So, why is he taking it off? to be a dick. I've talked about wanting that week off for months. He also has a company temp pool that he could pull someone from if he really wanted to. Fucking asshole.

I have an employee who started in March who wants the entire month of August off. I don't want to give him the whole month off, I can see the original two weeks he asked for so he can visit his sister in Otttawa but the other two weeks I know he'll be in the basement playing xbox. That's right around the time when my fill in kids will be getting ready for back to school.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I have an employee who started in March who wants the entire month of August off. I don't want to give him the whole month off, I can see the original two weeks he asked for so he can visit his sister in Otttawa but the other two weeks I know he'll be in the basement playing xbox. That's right around the time when my fill in kids will be getting ready for back to school.

I've been with this guy for 2 years. i have 2 weeks of vacation that he's been telling me to use up, but he won't let me have the time off to even use it.
I've been contemplating going to DC for the US Marine Corp 10km run in October. The Army Run in Ottawa is in September. Jim told me I would have to choose between the two of them. I can't do both.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I've been with this guy for 2 years. i have 2 weeks of vacation that he's been telling me to use up, but he won't let me have the time off to even use it.

All our vacation pay is paid out every pay cheque. I don't have to worry about pestering people to take them. I'm also pretty accommodating all the others days requested off. It's just this one employee that it is bothering me, he used to use helping his dad as an excuse until he realized that I was calling his dad (the silver fox) to see if he actually needed help or if he just wanted to play xbox all day.
NussieT Wrote:I've been contemplating going to DC for the US Marine Corp 10km run in October. The Army Run in Ottawa is in September. Jim told me I would have to choose between the two of them. I can't do both.
That's a long way to travel to run. I'd travel and then walk instead. You can see more. :-)
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I've been contemplating going to DC for the US Marine Corp 10km run in October. The Army Run in Ottawa is in September. Jim told me I would have to choose between the two of them. I can't do both.
That's a long way to travel to run. I'd travel and then walk instead. You can see more. :-)

You could walk the whole 6.2 miles. You just have to finish the course in 2 hours. I think it's something special to have a marine put a medal around your neck.
Pages: 1 2