Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wesnesday 05/14/15 - the go kart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My 6 year old wanted a go kart. Our business partner had one from his kids but his special needs kid put oil in the gas tank so it didn't run.
We told Mike if he wanted it, he had to fix it. The kid goes to the garage every night and works on it. He's took the old engine off, put a new one on. Changed the throttle cable. He says he wants to paint it orange.
[Image: df0841000400e07474ba5aa6eb7a06ec.jpg]
NussieT Wrote:My 6 year old wanted a go kart. Our business partner had one from his kids but his special needs kid put oil in the gas tank so it didn't run.
We told Mike if he wanted it, he had to fix it. The kid goes to the garage every night and works on it. He's took the old engine off, put a new one on. Changed the throttle cable. He says he wants to paint it orange.

Wow, your 6 year old is doing that?
That's pretty impressive.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:My 6 year old wanted a go kart. Our business partner had one from his kids but his special needs kid put oil in the gas tank so it didn't run.

Wow, your 6 year old is doing that?
That's pretty impressive.

No kidding but at one time it was a functional go kart, it just didn't run anymore.
He took the old engine off, found an old engine in Poppa's shed, fixed the engine with Jim's help then installed it. They put fuel in it yesterday, I had to ride on the back holding the throttle open but it runs.
He said he's going to put the throttle on it today after school.
I want a go kart now.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:We've had such warm weather and, today, I am freezing. It needs to warm up by this weekend, so I am not freezing

Down here it's supposed to get to the 70's by the weekend.
Just in time to rain all weekend.

I'm going up to Traverse City and I see they are saying mid to high 60s there.

Good for him to start learning how to do that stuff.
[Image: HT_rainbow_tornado_jtm_150512_16x9_992.jpg]
Chip Wrote:I want a go kart now.

He told me yesterday that he practised driving the go kart by playing Mario Kart at Poppa and Ammas.
NussieT Wrote:

He told me yesterday that he practised driving the go kart by playing Mario Kart at Poppa and Ammas.

Haha.
What could go wrong this.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

He likes to build and design stuff. The kid can build Lego once with the directions then can build it 1000 times without it.
I had to go out and buy him a sketch book. Because he was using all the printer paper.

My Mother's Day card from him is full of pictures of all our equipment. Everything is accurate too.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

Haha.

He rode over his sister's leg yesterday.
The kid got it running today. https://vimeo.com/127786183
NussieT Wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

He likes to build and design stuff. The kid can build Lego once with the directions then can build it 1000 times without it.
I had to go out and buy him a sketch book. Because he was using all the printer paper.

My Mother's Day card from him is full of pictures of all our equipment. Everything is accurate too.

So, maybe architectural design is in his future. Or he could go hang with Chip for a spell....
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:He told me yesterday that he practised driving the go kart by playing Mario Kart at Poppa and Ammas.

Haha.

He rode over his sister's leg yesterday.

Good thing she's a tough kid
Pages: 1 2