Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 ~ Earth Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's Earth Day. Go recycle and plant a tree or three.
[youtube]UC_gXD5OE88[/youtube]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's Earth Day. Go recycle and plant a tree or three.

The only empty bottles I have at home are Yuengling that I can only get in Ohio.
That means they don't have the 10 cent deposit.
So I can't return them.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's Earth Day. Go recycle and plant a tree or three.

The only empty bottles I have at home are Yuengling that I can only get in Ohio.
So I can't return them.

I hate that they made that law. I understand why they did it, but I still find it annoying.
Has anyone ever gone to the chiropractor before? I have to go to my next appt right now, but i am still sore from the last one.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's Earth Day. Go recycle and plant a tree or three.

I was supposed to have my clean it up thing with the kids from the school where my recycle program runs and they cancelled it because of the weather. We've decided to do it in May. The grocery store offered up juice boxes and snacks. I'm going to see if I can put something cool for all the kids.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

So I can't return them.

I hate that they made that law. I understand why they did it, but I still find it annoying.

Who made what law?
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:The only empty bottles I have at home are Yuengling that I can only get in Ohio.
So I can't return them.

Who made what law?

The one that says you can't cash in bottles from out of state. People would bring cans and bottles from other states to collect the deposit.
NussieT Wrote:

I was supposed to have my clean it up thing with the kids from the school where my recycle program runs and they cancelled it because of the weather. We've decided to do it in May. The grocery store offered up juice boxes and snacks. I'm going to see if I can put something cool for all the kids.

If you are getting the same miserable weather (wind, cold and snow) there as we are here, then I don't blame them for cancelling.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:The only empty bottles I have at home are Yuengling that I can only get in Ohio.
So I can't return them.

Who made what law?

The one that says you can't cash in bottles from out of state. People would bring cans and bottles from other states to collect the deposit.

I suppose I could put them in boxes from other beer and take them to stores that don't have those scanning machines.
I've noticed with those scanners, Meijer won't take bottles for brands they don't sell. Even if I paid deposit on them at another store.
I'm saving up all my bottles to send to T so I don't recycle
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Who made what law?

I suppose I could put them in boxes from other beer and take them to stores that don't have those scanning machines.
I've noticed with those scanners, Meijer won't take bottles for brands they don't sell. Even if I paid deposit on them at another store.

Yeah, that is a pain, too. I hate buying store brands for that very reason. I have a bag of the Meijer sparkling water bottles that I need to cash in.
Joe Wrote:I'm saving up all my bottles to send to T so I don't recycle

There was a time where you could bag those up and bring them to Michigan. There was even that Seinfeld episode where Kramer did that.

There was a time where you could bag those up and bring them to Michigan. There was even that Seinfeld episode where Kramer did that.
My aunt (who is rich) does that.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

My aunt (who is rich) does that.

What does she do? Find a place that doesn't have a scanner? Michigan passed this law that people couldn't return bottles and cans from out-of-state.
Pages: 1 2