Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 04/13/15- I paid what!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jim and I needed this piece of equipment for our business. We dropped $185K on it plus another $3500 to get it delivered from Toronto to our place.
The piece of equipment was a demo piece that had 100 hours on it. From all the pictures that were sent it looked great. We got the thing on Saturday and it's beat up. They were putting through concrete chunks in it so the rebar is jammed in it and random wires are in it.
Now the company wants us to drag it back into the city so they can go over it. I told Jim if we drag it back there it's staying there
NussieT Wrote:Jim and I needed this piece of equipment for our business. We dropped $185K on it plus another $3500 to get it delivered from Toronto to our place.
The piece of equipment was a demo piece that had 100 hours on it. From all the pictures that were sent it looked great. We got the thing on Saturday and it's beat up. They were putting through concrete chunks in it so the rebar is jammed in it and random wires are in it.
Now the company wants us to drag it back into the city so they can go over it. I told Jim if we drag it back there it's staying there

Given what you paid, I would have made a trip to actually see it first. Though, I was buying equipment for the plant on online auctions with only photos and descriptions to go by. (I just left it to management to preapprove that stuff, so it wasn't on me.
It was so nice this weekend that I wish it didn't end. I got did some yardwork and taught the baby how to drive her powerwheels jeep. She needs to work on her steering, but she definitely has a lead foot. Now, i need to convince Jim that her Jeep needs more power or at least both rear wheels need to be powered. That fucking thing kept getting hung up and we'd have to run over and give it a push.
When are the riots for this deal scheduled?

http://news.yahoo.com/video-released-sho...59435.html
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Given what you paid, I would have made a trip to actually see it first. Though, I was buying equipment for the plant on online auctions with only photos and descriptions to go by. (I just left it to management to preapprove that stuff, so it wasn't on me.

It was a judgement call that I would do again. The screener belonged to a dealer in TO. They couldn't sell it so they sold it back to the manufacturer. The manufacturer sold it to our dealer and we bought it. The dealer told us when we bought it that it was supposed to be gone through any damages or issues would be fixed, they weren't. Cut belts, the rubble, the wires etc.
We paid our employee to go get it since it was cheaper for us to haul it then get the dealer to haul it back.
The flight from Wpg to TO is $500/person, the drive to view it is 22 hours + (my map won't allow me to drive only through Canada). The time and cost involved to fly or drive there just to look at it would have been a complete loss. We were also buying it through a reputable company, one assumes they at least sent someone to look at it.
The dealer has a few options
1) they send their techs to our pit and fix it
2) they pay for a company to haul it to/fr the city and all the repairs
3) we do the repairs and they pay for parts
4) they take the machine back, we get our money back and start looking for another machine... Again.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Given what you paid, I would have made a trip to actually see it first. Though, I was buying equipment for the plant on online auctions with only photos and descriptions to go by. (I just left it to management to preapprove that stuff, so it wasn't on me.

It was a judgement call that I would do again. The screener belonged to a dealer in TO. They couldn't sell it so they sold it back to the manufacturer. The manufacturer sold it to our dealer and we bought it. The dealer told us when we bought it that it was supposed to be gone through any damages or issues would be fixed, they weren't. Cut belts, the rubble, the wires etc.
We paid our employee to go get it since it was cheaper for us to haul it then get the dealer to haul it back.
The flight from Wpg to TO is $500/person, the drive to view it is 22 hours + (my map won't allow me to drive only through Canada). The time and cost involved to fly or drive there just to look at it would have been a complete loss. We were also buying it through a reputable company, one assumes they at least sent someone to look at it.
The dealer has a few options
1) they send their techs to our pit and fix it
2) they pay for a company to haul it to/fr the city and all the repairs
3) we do the repairs and they pay for parts
4) they take the machine back, we get our money back and start looking for another machine... Again.

So, what are you going to do?
I like to post to a few different Facebook groups and apparently the wife of one of Jim's buds doesn't like what I have to say on some of those posts. She cornered him about it over the weekend. So, I have given her restricted access to my profile. I just hope that's enough to head off more drama from the bitch without her fully realizing that she can't see shit from me anymore. At least, I hope she can't see my posts.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:So, what are you going to do?

I have no idea. Jim's now talking with the owner of the dealer we bought it through.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:When are the riots for this deal scheduled?

Well that's two in a row where they have a point.
He thought he was holding his stun gun?

Every time I watch a movie, where cops just open fire on someone running away, I wonder if they're really allowed to do that.
It's finally back...

[Image: drqgqcpbe8xam1msoxos.gif]
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:When are the riots for this deal scheduled?

Well that's two in a row where they have a point.
He thought he was holding his stun gun?

Every time I watch a movie, where cops just open fire on someone running away, I wonder if they're really allowed to do that.

My sister has had lots of firearm training. She's in charge of the prison arsenal.. It doesn't take much to notice the difference in a gun vs a taser. But I read this guy isn't a full-time officer, so he probably hasn't received the level of training that maybe he should have.
My brother came over yesterday with his hand gun. Seriously anyone who shoots one is still lucky they can hear when they are done. My ear rang for over 2 hours. Its still a little muffled.
[youtube]pWdKf3MneyI[/youtube]
We had a town adventure yesterday. There was a guy who has mental health issues. He's tried killing himself a few times so yesterday he posts this long winded post that was basically a good bye. Everyone started posting back to him. The cops were called, they ended up finding his bike in a park by the bush. People from town started ground searching for this guy. Cops and fire department everywhere. They called in the canine unit to help search. They finally found him like 4 hours later.
NussieT Wrote:My brother came over yesterday with his hand gun. Seriously anyone who shoots one is still lucky they can hear when they are done. My ear rang for over 2 hours. Its still a little muffled.

You're supposed to wear ear plugs. :wink:
Pages: 1 2