Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 - FOOL!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel like crap. I think I am skipping the pranks I was going to pull.. One of which was going to be snap fireworks under the toilet seat.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I feel like crap. I think I am skipping the pranks I was going to pull.. One of which was going to be snap fireworks under the toilet seat.

Snaps under the toilet seat would kick ass!
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So I got canned Friday....

Yep, that happened.
Fuck, did they gave you a reason? Severance package?

(this could be a good thing?)

Sorry I posted that and then took a phone interview and then had to get dressed to run out for 2 in person interviews....

SO they called me and one other guy into two separate offices on Friday and told both of us they were letting us go. I asked why and they said there were no defined reasons why. There was no severance package at all. It was a very cold departure. I am guessing since the other guy was pretty high paid that they let the two highest paid guys go. I was also pretty outspoken in my displeasure with the way things were run so I have no doubt that was the main reason. I went out that night with one of the guys that they didn't get rid of and he said they went through one hell of a lockdown process after I left. I guess they thought i was going to try to take everything down... They forgot a few passwords.... :wink: That's not my thing though. I wasn't even upset walking out.

I sent out a ton of resumes out this week and have been flooded with calls and interviews yesterday and today. The phone literally doesn't stop from like 10 to 3. I've done 4 interviews in person in the last 2 days and about 4 phone interviews and a ton of calls with recruiters. I couldn't have asked for a better 2 days.

Aren't you legally entitled to some sort of severance?

I saw that you contacted all your old client, if you didn't have to sign some sort of disclosure, use those contacts to find something better!
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I feel like crap. I think I am skipping the pranks I was going to pull.. One of which was going to be snap fireworks under the toilet seat.

Snaps under the toilet seat would kick ass!

... literally
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So I got canned Friday....

Yep, that happened.
Fuck, did they gave you a reason? Severance package?

(this could be a good thing?)

Sorry I posted that and then took a phone interview and then had to get dressed to run out for 2 in person interviews....

SO they called me and one other guy into two separate offices on Friday and told both of us they were letting us go. I asked why and they said there were no defined reasons why. There was no severance package at all. It was a very cold departure. I am guessing since the other guy was pretty high paid that they let the two highest paid guys go. I was also pretty outspoken in my displeasure with the way things were run so I have no doubt that was the main reason. I went out that night with one of the guys that they didn't get rid of and he said they went through one hell of a lockdown process after I left. I guess they thought i was going to try to take everything down... They forgot a few passwords.... :wink: That's not my thing though. I wasn't even upset walking out.

I sent out a ton of resumes out this week and have been flooded with calls and interviews yesterday and today. The phone literally doesn't stop from like 10 to 3. I've done 4 interviews in person in the last 2 days and about 4 phone interviews and a ton of calls with recruiters. I couldn't have asked for a better 2 days.

Aren't you legally entitled to some sort of severance?

I saw that you contacted all your old client, if you didn't have to sign some sort of disclosure, use those contacts to find something better!

In PA they do not have to have a reason to get rid of you or provide anything other than unemployment.
Donginator Wrote:I saw that you contacted all your old client, if you didn't have to sign some sort of disclosure, use those contacts to find something better!

I mostly contacted them to make things difficult for the employer. After that I connected to a few in Linkedin just so I don't lose contact. My Non-compete says I can't solicit them for 1 year. Depending on where I am in a year I may be giving them all calls. I think at some point a year ago I downloaded all of the client information for this very reason.
Joe Wrote:In PA they do not have to have a reason to get rid of you or provide anything other than unemployment.

Interesting. In Manitoba I can fire you for whatever reason and not have to pay any severance for anything under 30 days. 30 days to 1 year employment it's a week's pay and anything over 1 year is 2 weeks pay. I can make you work that week or 2 weeks but if you are getting fired Id rather you not destroy everything.
When I am over this bug I have, I want a new house with this in the backyard:

https://www.yahoo.com/makers/this-new-fa...73890.html
Joe Wrote:In PA they do not have to have a reason to get rid of you or provide anything other than unemployment.

It's the same way in Michigan. BUT you can go to the National Labor Board and they will press charges on your behalf if you felt that you were wronged. I did that for the pickle plant and won a settlement and my remaining wage for that year.
Jim wants to hire back a girl that quit on us. We had given her an opportunity once and she didn't want it. I told Jim no don't do it. He keeps talking about it so I told him off. I'm lot dealing with that.
NussieT Wrote:Jim wants to hire back a girl that quit on us. We had given her an opportunity once and she didn't want it. I told Jim no don't do it. He keeps talking about it so I told him off. I'm lot dealing with that.

He wants to bring her back so she can quit again? Um, no
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Jim wants to hire back a girl that quit on us. We had given her an opportunity once and she didn't want it. I told Jim no don't do it. He keeps talking about it so I told him off. I'm lot dealing with that.

She's a complete bitch, we had so many complaints about her after she left. She originally left because she didn't like the hours and Jim yelled at her once and she smells... Bad.
I'm scared she'd tell off the scale operator at the site we go to and they kick us out of there
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

She's a complete bitch, we had so many complaints about her after she left. She originally left because she didn't like the hours and Jim yelled at her once and she smells... Bad.
I'm scared she'd tell off the scale operator at the site we go to and they kick us out of there

It's not even an option. There is no reason to bring her back based on all of that. She was a terrible employee. What in the fuck is wrong with him?