Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 3/26/2015 - Beach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Morning!

So yesterday they released the DBC dates. (June 10th - June 14th) Stacy and I have been looking forward to going back since last year was a blast and early June was perfect. Then we looked at booking the hotel again.... $267 a night for the shoebox sized room we had last year! I was a little taken back by the $200 a night price last year, but DAMN this year is a bit ridiculous. For an extra $200 I could go to an all inclusive in Mexico.

Confusedwoot:
That sucks Joey. Jim needs to fly back to Abbottsford to load up the last bit of stuff on a train to get it back home for the piece of equipment we bought, since it was Spring Break we figured we'd take the kids for a day or two including a trip to Van City. The hotels and car rental were the cheapest thing. The flight for all 4 of us was close to $3200.
NussieT Wrote:That sucks Joey. Jim needs to fly back to Abbottsford to load up the last bit of stuff on a train to get it back home for the piece of equipment we bought, since it was Spring Break we figured we'd take the kids for a day or two including a trip to Van City. The hotels and car rental were the cheapest thing. The flight for all 4 of us was close to $3200.

Daaaamn! For $3200 they should provide hookers, alcohol and daycare.
Vacations are expensive. My cousin raised the rate on his cabin to $25/night. You can't stay anywhere in Traverse City area for that.
I'm on my way to Nashville, the coin came up heads so I'm not driving. Which is dumb because I would have got about a grand for the miles.
We're just inside Kentucky and it's been showing and raining the whole way.
Chip Wrote:I'm on my way to Nashville, the coin came up heads so I'm not driving. Which is dumb because I would have got about a grand for the miles.
We're just inside Kentucky and it's been showing and raining the whole way.

No snow or rain here, but it's dreary. Are you just going for the day?
So since NY was too expensive we are trying to figure out where else we'd like to go... There's a crap load of places that are a lot cheaper than NY with so much more to offer. I really want to do Canada...
So now Spot is trying to get hotel prices down.... :pray:
Joe Wrote:So now Spot is trying to get hotel prices down.... :pray:

They need to. A trip there costs a small fortune!
Joe Wrote:So since NY was too expensive we are trying to figure out where else we'd like to go... There's a crap load of places that are a lot cheaper than NY with so much more to offer. I really want to do Canada...

A circle tour of Lake Superior is gorgeous... Actually so is Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.

Traverse City... I push that place on everyone. Chip knows.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So since NY was too expensive we are trying to figure out where else we'd like to go... There's a crap load of places that are a lot cheaper than NY with so much more to offer. I really want to do Canada...

A circle tour of Lake Superior is gorgeous... Actually so is Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.

I have never seen any of the great lakes. I want to do Niagra Falls, but if I do that I want to make it a DBN thing.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I have never seen any of the great lakes. I want to do Niagra Falls, but if I do that I want to make it a DBN thing.

I haven't been to that area in years. That would be awesome to visit again. I need to change jobs before I go on any trips.
I need to change jobs and change the place where I live.

I honestly don't want to go on vacation. I'd rather take all of the money I'd spend on vacation and put it into the house so I know i have a better chance of selling it.
I want to buy a nice house, but still go on vacations :pray:

We are actually house/condo/townhouse hunting, its crazy how much the prices/taxes drop when I look across the border in Connecticut
Joe Wrote:I need to change jobs and change the place where I live.

I honestly don't want to go on vacation. I'd rather take all of the money I'd spend on vacation and put it into the house so I know i have a better chance of selling it.

How much work are you going to have to put into it to get anything worthwhile out of it? You've always said you have to take a loss to get away from it.
Pages: 1 2