Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday, March 12, 2015 ~ $500 Houses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's all buy up a neighborhood in Detroit. That could be fun.

http://news.yahoo.com/tempted-detroits-5...10601.html
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Let's all buy up a neighborhood in Detroit. That could be fun.

No thanks.
I don't want to drive anywhere near those areas.
Let alone invest in them.
Today feels like it should be Friday.
Chip Wrote:Today feels like it should be Friday.

Last night I thought it was Thursday and woke up thinking today was Friday. Now I just have to take off tomorrow.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Let's all buy up a neighborhood in Detroit. That could be fun.

No thanks.

:roflmao: Are you sure?
You could own this, complete with your very own squatter.

[Image: 42351d86447e6a0b700f6a706700c954_original.jpg]

Saying that will only make today drag on even longer. (I think the same thing, though)
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Let's all buy up a neighborhood in Detroit. That could be fun.

No thanks.

:roflmao: Are you sure?
You could own this, complete with your very own squatter.

[Image: 42351d86447e6a0b700f6a706700c954_original.jpg]

Yeah, and that'll be the only house on that block that isn't burned half to the ground.
Joe Wrote:

Last night I thought it was Thursday and woke up thinking today was Friday. Now I just have to take off tomorrow.

My boss actually said the same thing.
If we didn't have so much work right now, I think we would be taking a long weekend.
Chip Wrote:Yeah, and that'll be the only house on that block that isn't burned half to the ground.

Jim's grandma (also known as Satan) lives in the worst part of Flint, she has several lots around her that have charred remains of houses. There is even a boarded up funeral home, that apparently used to be a really nice building, across the road. Other than the fact that she's old, stubborn and scary, I don't know why she stays there. Someone did break in one night to rob her and they beat her up a bit. Her wrists were all bruised up from them taking her jewelry. They probably made off with an old wedding ring, and $3 in cash if they were lucky. She doesn't remember it at all. Jim says that she would have beat the shit out of them 10 years ago.
Can't you just buy a house full of squatters and execute them all and claim they broke in?
Joe Wrote:Can't you just buy a house full of squatters and execute them all and claim they broke in?

It makes sense to me.
And sounds like a good idea on a lot of levels.
But, I'd really look into it before I go and give it a try.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Can't you just buy a house full of squatters and execute them all and claim they broke in?

It makes sense to me.
And sounds like a good idea on a lot of levels.
But, I'd really look into it before I go and give it a try.

Well I hear it's impossible to get rid of them so that seems to be the best solution and the most permanent one.
Worst case if you execute a squatter in Detroit is that you go to jail. You will still be safer in jail than in Detroit.

Some of those areas are spots even the police won't go, at least not alone. So, yeah, I don't see why not.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Some of those areas are spots even the police won't go, at least not alone. So, yeah, I don't see why not.

I don't know, a white person from the suburbs going downtown into Detroit to shoot a black person sounds like the kind of thing that could turn into Ferguson all over again.
Black people in the city already blame white people from the suburbs for ALL of Detroits problems.
Pages: 1 2 3