Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 ~ 8 Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Chip Wrote:Every spring I get that Ortho Home Defense spray and spray it around all the doors and windows and in the garage.
It seems to do a good job with spiders and stuff.
But, ants in the wall like that, it might not work all that great.

That's what we use. Once Spring hits and the bugs come out, we start spraying. I noticed some wood buried in a flower bed the previous owner had built. I suspect that I will find out that's where they started out when I dig that up tonight.

The garbage man took all the ants we evicted last night and what's left of their nest, so they won't be back.
The Walmart I worked at had a rat the size of a keyboard. It used to rip open the bags of cat food in the warehouse. I never saw it but I didn't go near the pet food just in case.
Somewhere, my sister, JDubb, and other iFans are already lining up to trade in their now antiquated iPhones:

Quote:- Apple announces two new iPhones: The iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen, and the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen. The iPhone 5s, for comparison, had a 4.0-inch screen.

- The iPhone 6 will cost $199 for a 16GB and will be available on September 19th. The iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299 for a 16GB phone and will also be available on September 19th.

- iOS 8 will be available as a free download on September 17th.

- Apple also announces Apple Pay, a new system to let you pay at the register by tapping your iPhone.

- And finally: Apple announces the Apple Watch, with a new control system from the watch's dial or "crown." You'll be able to send messages, talk to Siri, listen to music, and check your pulse; it can also track your daily activity
NussieT Wrote:The Walmart I worked at had a rat the size of a keyboard. It used to rip open the bags of cat food in the warehouse. I never saw it but I didn't go near the pet food just in case.

At the pickle plant, they would sometimes hitch a ride from Mexico and jump out of the crate when we would unload them. Usually a temp was given the job of chasing them don't and killing them with a shovel.
I got invited to a diaper party. IT's supposed to have a keg, and BBQ, so I'll have to take my own beer if I do go.
So, Ireland was awesome.
And I want to go back.
It just so happened to be the weekend of the PennState/FSU game, so those people were all over the country the entire time we were there.

Dublin wasn't all that special, but it was still fun.
Guinness tour was ok, but the "connoisseur tasting" was awesome. You go into a little bar, and the bartender goes over the history of Guinness and the different beers they brew. And how they should be poured, and presented. Fun beer stuff.
Went to a bar called the Brazen Head, that's been there since 1198. That was worth the stop.
Fish and chips everywhere there are great.

Went to a touristy place called Glendalough. Ruins from a settlement from the 6th century. Pretty cool that most of it was still there.
I was surprised that there were new tombstones in the cemetery. I wonder what you have to do, or be, to get buried there.

A town called Waterford, had to buy some Waterford Crystal for people back home. I'm not in the crystal world, but apparently it's really nice. It cost enough to be considered nice. They had some things in their show room that were 40,000 Euros.

All of the smaller towns were really cool. They all had those streets that were closed off and turned into big sidewalks. And just lined with shops and restaurants and bars.

Went to Blarney Castle and did not kiss the stone. I thought it was in a hole that you had to lean in, but it was at the top of the castle and you had to lean backwards over the edge. The stairs were more of a circular ladder going up to the top. That was awesome and worth the trip and climb.

Cork, Killarney and Gallway were like Waterford. You could easily spend a couple days in each one.

I haven't driven a stick in about 15 years, and it came back pretty quick. But remembering how to do that, while learning to drive on the left, and drive through nothing but roundabouts was a little tricky. I might have stalled it twice.

It's like every other exit on the freeway has directions to some ancient castle. I love old stuff like that.

Some of the churches there are amazing.

Went on a Game Of Thrones tour, and was a little disappointed. I thought we'd actually get to see some sets, and stuff like that. But just filming locations. Like, they used a place called Castle Ward to be Winterfell. And some ruins where Rob Stark was made king of the north. And some tree where the tall chick and Jamie Lannister found the 3 women hanging. And the valley where they CGI'd in a bunch of tents. blah blah blah
Not worth it.

I think those are most of the highlights.
LeNeve Wrote:I got invited to a diaper party. IT's supposed to have a keg, and BBQ, so I'll have to take my own beer if I do go.

I went to one of those.
It was during the baby shower.
All the guys went bowling.
Price of admission was a bag of diapers.
I won about $50 for a high game, so it paid for my afternoon.
Other than bringing diapers, it wasn't anything other than a bunch of guys hanging out drinking.
aside from the Game of Thrones tour, that sounds pretty awesome.
LeNeve Wrote:aside from the Game of Thrones tour, that sounds pretty awesome.

You could drive yourself to the locations and see the stuff for free. Which would have been pretty cool.
We thought it was some official, Game of Thrones sponsored thing.
But it was 55 Euros a person, that's like $75.
It was like a few hardcore fans got together, found these filming locations, organized a bus and started charging for tours.
"Went to a bar called the Brazen Head, that's been there since 1198."

this would be so cool. I've been day dreaming about what its like since I read that part. 800 years worth of awesome bar stories are swirling through my head. some involve dragons, and gangs of theiving dwarves.
It's what I think a bar from 1198 in Ireland would look like.

[Image: 543151_a6a246bb.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:I got invited to a diaper party. IT's supposed to have a keg, and BBQ, so I'll have to take my own beer if I do go.

And a pack of diapers. Get size 3.
wow. that bar is pretty damn close to what I was picturing in my head. Except I was picturing it out in a hilly meadow, by itself, or in a little village, down a dark narrow roadway.
Is there crime in Ireland?

Liek at any point, did you fnd yourself on the street around some shady looking people, and felt the urge to get away from them?
How could you not kiss the Blarney Stone?
Pages: 1 2 3