Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday August 22 2014...Ice bucket sheninagans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This shit is getting old. Here is the reality of it

The ice bucket challange has raised $31.5M as of this morning vs $1.9M this time last year. However, the National Institute of Health (NIH), the largest contributor of research money, has had its budget cut by 22% over the last decade (even after factoring out medical inflation). They've lost over $1B in cuts to their budget since 2010. ONE BILLION - aka this Challenge has only raised 3.15% of what has been slashed from the very institution most involved in research.

Anyone wondering why I'm losing my job at the hospital? Those NIH budget cuts is the reason. Most of our research was funded by the NIH, currently they are funding about 8% of all grants submitted.

You can all stop dumping water on your heads now
:whomo:
also, they were talking about doing this ice bucket thing up front in the office today. You know when popular trends make it to Kansas, its time to move on. Troof.
So, is all this money going to an ALS foundation? Or the NIH?

And because all the money being raised can't replace all the budget cuts, people should stop?
I was just informed by my lovely co-worker that her hubby challenged her to do it. She says that she isn't planning on doind it, but if she does I am on her list to call out. I hope she doesn't.
This quote makes the most sense to me.

But if you really want to support medical research, get on the phone to your member of Congress and demand a stop to cutting the National Institutes of Health budget, experts say.
I hate the government.
[Image: banana_slip.gif]
I'm a banana!!!
Chip Wrote:I hate the government.

why you getting all poplitical and shit dawg
Derick Wrote:This shit is getting old. Here is the reality of it

The ice bucket challange has raised $31.5M as of this morning vs $1.9M this time last year. However, the National Institute of Health (NIH), the largest contributor of research money, has had its budget cut by 22% over the last decade (even after factoring out medical inflation). They've lost over $1B in cuts to their budget since 2010. ONE BILLION - aka this Challenge has only raised 3.15% of what has been slashed from the very institution most involved in research.

Anyone wondering why I'm losing my job at the hospital? Those NIH budget cuts is the reason. Most of our research was funded by the NIH, currently they are funding about 8% of all grants submitted.

You can all stop dumping water on your heads now

Are you saying we should donate to you instead?
Chip Wrote:This quote makes the most sense to me.

But if you really want to support medical research, get on the phone to your member of Congress and demand a stop to cutting the National Institutes of Health budget, experts say.

:whomo:
LeNeve Wrote:

Obama made him do it.
yo! member of congress, I demand you stop cutting the budget for medical resaerach.

no? why not?

oh, your private jets fuel is expensive. got it. carry on guvment, caryy on.
LeNeve Wrote:

I saw something on the internet the other day that I thought was the best idea I've seen on the internet.

Every election gets an extra option "non of the above" and if that option wins, the election is done all over again will all new candidates.
Pages: 1 2 3