Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday - 8/7/14 - AOL Pt. 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Over 2 million people still pay for AOL.
WTF?

Jim's mom used to, even though she was paying Comcast for her internet. People are so far from tech saavy that's it's sad. I told her she was throwing money away, but she was afraid that they would take her password away from her. Hell, I have an aol email that I never paid one cent for.

What does AOL even do? I've never understood it's purpose actually. I remember getting all those CDs in the mail back in the day, but never used them.

We still had some sort of internet though.
Hello
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
WTF?

Jim's mom used to, even though she was paying Comcast for her internet. People are so far from tech saavy that's it's sad. I told her she was throwing money away, but she was afraid that they would take her password away from her. Hell, I have an aol email that I never paid one cent for.

What does AOL even do? I've never understood it's purpose actually. I remember getting all those CDs in the mail back in the day, but never used them.

For a time, they were one of the most popular online communities. They were your ISP, email, online games & browser and you paid for it all, even after you tried to cancel out of it. They were as popular to people as iphones are now.
JDubb Wrote:Hello

You are early or I am late. I can't tell today.
JDubb Wrote:Hello

hello tallywacker
I was so exhausted from work yesterday that I don't remember going to bed or Jim going to bed or if I even brushed my teeth.
One of my concrete trucks started smoking behind the dash panel. It smells like melted plastic. That truck is going to be the death of me.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
WTF?

I had AOL for a month in 99 or 98.
It was dial up.
They had their own browser.
It was lame.
Then I got cable internet.
Tuesday, Jim got this grand idea to get his mom a cellphone and add her to MY phone plan. Only thing was that he didn't tell me that he was doing until they already had it done. I was pissed. I don't need my bill to get bigger. But I was more pissed that they were just able to walk into a Verizon Store and add a phone to my plan without my authorization.
NussieT Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Is JDubb that creepy old guy who hangs out at Disney movies?

Sneaking wine in too. Haha
Doesn't everyone?

One of the movie theaters in Winnipeg allows alcohol during the movie. It's on the southewest corner of the city so I will most likely never go there.

The movie theater around the corner from my house serves beer and liquor.
But, they're like sporting event prices, and who wants to keep getting up during a movie to go get more.
So I've never had one there.
NussieT Wrote:One of my concrete trucks started smoking behind the dash panel. It smells like melted plastic. That truck is going to be the death of me.

I'm no mechanic, but that sounds like an issue that should be dealt with.
Chip Wrote:I had AOL for a month in 99 or 98.
It was dial up.
They had their own browser.
It was lame.
Then I got cable internet.

The good old days of dial-up.... I can hear the screeching of the modem connecting now...
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Doesn't everyone?

One of the movie theaters in Winnipeg allows alcohol during the movie. It's on the southewest corner of the city so I will most likely never go there.

The movie theater around the corner from my house serves beer and liquor.
But, they're like sporting event prices, and who wants to keep getting up during a movie to go get more.
So I've never had one there.

The theater I usually go to has a bar. I just want to have to keep running for refills or the bathroom, so I don't bother.
NussieT Wrote:One of my concrete trucks started smoking behind the dash panel. It smells like melted plastic. That truck is going to be the death of me.

Is it a GM?
Chip Wrote:

Is it a GM?

she can't recall

:drum:
Pages: 1 2 3 4