Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday - 4/29/14 - April 29th 1992
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sublime deez nutz!!

Right JDubb :high5:
I picked up 3 tablets for cheap. pretty much free actually. 2 of them still had the plastic protector on the screen. They are cheap weird brand tablets though. And were barely functional compared to other tablets.

Coby Kyros 7 inch screen
Polaroid PMID1000B 10 inch screen.
Haven't looked into the 3rd one yet to see what it is.

I figured they would be fun to tinker with, as far as rooting and custom build some ROMS for them. and if I fry them, no big deal.
These tablets have no kind of decent support on the internet, the only stuff on youtube about fixing/rooting/programming these things, are videos from 3rd world countries, in a different language. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Then one lone black guy from here, that seems to have a huge boner for polaroid tablets.
these tablet aren't even on any lists out there, that ask you to find your device on the list. Then I scroll through the list and see the weirdest brands I've never even heard of. Like when some company that has nothing to do with electronics decides to get into the tablet business.

The Kraft Mac and Cheese 10 inch tablet is on the list.

But not the ones I have.
The Coby turned out freaking awesome. added 32gb of memory. over clocked it. set up all the shit so it runs real smoove. got rid of all the bullshit that was pre programmed into it. loaded it up with kid friendly apps. The entire entire kids bop discography (25 cds from 2000-NOW!!!), and 10 Disney/pixar movies.

Then gave it to my little girl to test it out for me. Battery life is good, movies play perfect, apps run good. She loves it.
The PMID1000B is a cheap mofo. Just a screen with a plastic back piece, that snaps onto the screen. If you pop the back off, the mother board, and everything just falls out, like guts spilling out of a blown up soldier. it's coming along nicely though. over clocked, more memory, all that jazz.
I'm excited to see what the 3rd one has in store for me.
LeNeve Wrote:Sublime deez nutz!!

Sublime can suck my taint.

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLifSFBs_Lk&feature=kp[/youtube_url]
LeNeve Wrote:The Coby turned out freaking awesome. added 32gb of memory. over clocked it. set up all the shit so it runs real smoove. got rid of all the bullshit that was pre programmed into it. loaded it up with kid friendly apps. The entire entire kids bop discography (25 cds from 2000-NOW!!!), and 10 Disney/pixar movies.

Then gave it to my little girl to test it out for me. Battery life is good, movies play perfect, apps run good. She loves it.

I have slowly introduced mine to Kid's Songs dvd. She likes to dance to music.
JDubb Wrote:

Sublime can suck my taint.

Sublime is dead, you weird necrophiliac.
Borrowed my FIL's ranger to pick up parts in the city. This thing is do easy to speed in.
The girl I work with is so happy about the Keurig that she has drank wayyyy too much coffee today and is buzzin bud-day. :roflmao:
Oh snap, the KEntucky Derby is this Saturday. I need to figure out who to drop some dollar$ on.
It's 1:05pm and we are only at one page? Epic Fail.
Pages: 1 2