Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Paranormal Activity (spoilers may be present in discussion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hands down, one of the scariest movies! Who's gone to see it yet?

Good acting and believable. It was staged well and had you the whole time. Even when you knew something was coming, it still got you!
Is it like Blair Witch. I am not really a horror guy. Zombie movies only for me.
They aren't playing it at all in Michigan... at least not yet.
A friend from high school wanted to go and scary movies freak the hell out of me. I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks, so there is no way I'd go. Hell Jeepers Creepers scared the shit out of me.
Pete Nice Wrote:Is it like Blair Witch. I am not really a horror guy. Zombie movies only for me.

It's like Blair Witch, in terms of the shooting style. But the camera is on a tripod most of the time. But the acting is a lot better, and the idea of an unknown assailant tormenting the people makes it much scarier.
Nussie_T Wrote:A friend from high school wanted to go and scary movies freak the hell out of me. I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks, so there is no way I'd go. Hell Jeepers Creepers scared the shit out of me.
That one would've haunted me if I saw it as a kid.
the keifer Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:A friend from high school wanted to go and scary movies freak the hell out of me. I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks, so there is no way I'd go. Hell Jeepers Creepers scared the shit out of me.

Are you talking about Jeepers Creepers haunting you or Paranormal Activity?
Nussie_T Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

Jeepers Creepers
the keifer Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

Jeepers Creepers

A friend and I went rented Jeepers Creepers for somethng to do and then some friends of ours picked us up for a party. When the guys dropped us off we decided to watch it. I passed out on the futon and woke up to the part where the thing was looking through the eyes... fucking scared the living shit out of me. I was screaming my head off. All the lights were on in the house and I kept the baseball bat beside my bed for weeks.
wow you don't get out much do you?
knightryda01 Wrote:wow you don't get out much do you?
Are you referring to me??
Anyone see this yet? Without putting their hands over their eyes?
ap bikini team Wrote:Anyone see this yet? Without putting their hands over their eyes?

Yup, the first few tension builders had me getting sorta antsy to see just what was going to go down.After the first few nights weren't capitalizing on it I wasn't into it at all.

I'm with Dickey on this, its aight for a rental.
KLOMP Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:Anyone see this yet? Without putting their hands over their eyes?

Yup, the first few tension builders had me getting sorta antsy to see just what was going to go down.After the first few nights weren't capitalizing on it I wasn't into it at all.

I'm with Dickey on this, its aight for a rental.

See that's where I liked it. If it was steadily escalating every single night, it would have become episodic, and much less believable that a couple would at least try to tough it out.
I still haven't seen this one. Just been too busy with stuff. It's looking like I'll have to wait for it to come out on dvd at this rate.