Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday April 21, 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joe Wrote:I don't know what it is with me, but I'm never going to be satisfied working for someone else. That shit haunts me. I know I can be successful doing a bunch of other things, but I need the kick in the ass to take the chance.

If I could think of something to do on my own. I've been thinking that I should just work for myself.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I don't know what it is with me, but I'm never going to be satisfied working for someone else. That shit haunts me. I know I can be successful doing a bunch of other things, but I need the kick in the ass to take the chance.

If I could think of something to do on my own. I've been thinking that I should just work for myself.

What blows my mind is that 95% of the people I know would rather just work for someone else.
LeNeve Wrote:our newest mechanic got fired last week when I was gone I guess. Not all the way fired, he got demoted to wash boy. because both our wash boys quit suddenly at the same time, so they were in a pinch I guess, and let Jay Ron stay employed for now.

He must suck as a mechanic.
LeNeve Wrote:I figured Jay Ron wouldn't last. hes pretty ignorant. Always had to have someone watching him, so he wouldn't take short cuts, or leave shit off of cars, and somehow I always get picked to be the baby sitter. Sucks ass.

He is also a compulsive liar. one of those guys that has or had all kinds of harleys, monster trucks, and the rarest cars, cars I've only seen on TV watching the barret jackson auction. and graduated from the top import tuner school in the world, but has a hard time grasping how a turbo works.

then somehow ends up in Kansas working at a Ford dealer for 10 bucks an hour.

The thing that got him demoted finally: He was putting intake gaskets on a 04 expedition. 5.4l 2 valve engine. I told him to plug all the intake holes in the head with rags, so nothing drops in there. Told him to plug any opening to the engine or trans on any job, to prevent contamination, or foreighn objects.

I forgot to specify that the rags need to be removed, before putting it back together. He left a rag in the intake manifold, and it sucked up through the head, and trashed the valves. Customer getting new engine now.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTtWPN-TqL2b1PPvBA3bb...8QfKV_08bg]
Derick Wrote:apparently its not just me, our entire lab is getting axed.

Damn, that's even worse.
Brampton Wrote:Could be worse. You could request 3 days off and they tell you no, because you're the only one who works hard.

I need to finish my house, but thats ok, I'll come into work to cover for everyone else

:?
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

What blows my mind is that 95% of the people I know would rather just work for someone else.

While I can respect the way the person I work for wants things done. I hate dealing with their nitpicking over stupid shit.. like how they want stuff stapled. But, to go out on my own means I need to be more outgoing and network better and I suck at that.
Apple maps found the Loch Ness Monster. :roflmao:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/apple-m...00038.html
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:our newest mechanic got fired last week when I was gone I guess. Not all the way fired, he got demoted to wash boy. because both our wash boys quit suddenly at the same time, so they were in a pinch I guess, and let Jay Ron stay employed for now.

yeah. he did. unless he was working on an import tuner car. Then he was supposedly the best guy west of the Mississippi. I think he looked around, and picked the kind of car that isn't around here, then claimed expert level on them.

he would also roll around all over the floor, and get completely covered in dirt and oils, and whatever else, then just hop in customers cars like nothing was on him.
This is the only place I've ever worked, that I'm happy being an employee. It really is like i have my own business, in the, do what i want, when I want catergory. Also none of the headaches of owning a business. I would like to have all the profit, but, whatevs. its a good trade off here.
I'm going to try and send you some .APK app files for your phone sometime today Beckster. and anyone else that wants them for android operating systems.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Can you video tape it? Is there a good chance they will cry?

I could and yes he will cry. He will cry over anything. His girlfriend decked him in the face one time and he came to working crying still.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Apple maps found the Loch Ness Monster. :roflmao:

I saw that over the weekend.
Apparently someone just photo shopped a boat out of the map and left it's wake.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Apple maps found the Loch Ness Monster. :roflmao:

Which part of this was ROFL worthy?
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

yeah. he did. unless he was working on an import tuner car. Then he was supposedly the best guy west of the Mississippi. I think he looked around, and picked the kind of car that isn't around here, then claimed expert level on them.

he would also roll around all over the floor, and get completely covered in dirt and oils, and whatever else, then just hop in customers cars like nothing was on him.

I vote that we send T to fire him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7