Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 10/21 - Mo-Sucka Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good morning bro-mo's!
TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW TODAY
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:

1. SAME-SEX COUPLES EXCHANGE VOWS IN NEW JERSEY
U.S. Senator-elect and Newark Mayor Cory Booker presides over ceremonies in Newark as the Garden State becomes the 14th to recognize gay marriage.

2. HURRICANE RAYMOND GAINS STRENGTH
Mexico's already soaked Pacific coast braces for heavy rains a month after Tropical Storm Manuel caused widespread damage.

3. WHERE POISONINGS ARE BLAMED ON PESTICIDES
"We've gone from a pretty healthy population to one with a high rate of cancer, birth defects, and illnesses seldom seen before," says a doctor in Argentina.

4. WHOSE NEGLECT LIES HIDDEN
A growing cohort of elderly people across the world live - and increasingly die - in silence, unseen and unheard, left to fend for themselves.

5. CONTAMINATED BREAST MILK PROMPTS WARNING
Researchers find high amounts of bacteria that could sicken babies in three-fourths of the 101 samples they bought online.

6. 15% OF AMERICANS AGE 16-24 ARE IDLE
Six million young people are neither in school nor working, a study finds.

7. ISRAEL-U.S. RIFT OVER IRAN WIDENS
Israel's prime minister calls for continued pressure on Iran for its suspected nuclear program, even as American officials weigh easing economic sanctions.

8. SAN FRANCISCO COMMUTE PROMISES TO BE ROUGH AGAIN
The Bay Area is in for another day of gridlock with no immediate plans for more talks between striking rail workers and transit officials.

9. HOW CAROL BURNETT GOT THE LAST LAUGH
Burnett, who just won the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, says a TV executive once told her that variety shows like hers were "a man's game."

10. COLTS THROW HOMECOMING FOR PEYTON
Indianapolis rolls out the red carpet for Manning in his first return leading Denver's offense.
sup and stuff
JDubb Wrote:Good morning bro-mo's!
What's so good about it? It's cold, it's rainy and I didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
I don't think I need to know any of those things.
Slow news day?
It finally snowed and so far it's staying... I think it's finally the end of the season!!!
1. SAME-SEX COUPLES EXCHANGE VOWS IN NEW JERSEY
U.S. Senator-elect and Newark Mayor Cory Booker presides over ceremonies in Newark as the Garden State becomes the 14th to recognize gay marriage.
~ Is every same sex marriage going to make the news?

2. HURRICANE RAYMOND GAINS STRENGTH
Mexico's already soaked Pacific coast braces for heavy rains a month after Tropical Storm Manuel caused widespread damage.
~ They're to the R's already?

3. WHERE POISONINGS ARE BLAMED ON PESTICIDES
"We've gone from a pretty healthy population to one with a high rate of cancer, birth defects, and illnesses seldom seen before," says a doctor in Argentina.
~ I know of an area near me that I can say the same thing about.

4. WHOSE NEGLECT LIES HIDDEN
A growing cohort of elderly people across the world live - and increasingly die - in silence, unseen and unheard, left to fend for themselves.
~ That's sad.

5. CONTAMINATED BREAST MILK PROMPTS WARNING
Researchers find high amounts of bacteria that could sicken babies in three-fourths of the 101 samples they bought online.
~ Mine's safe

6. 15% OF AMERICANS AGE 16-24 ARE IDLE
Six million young people are neither in school nor working, a study finds.
~ Probably because they are to busy screwing around on their ipods, smart phones and tablets.

7. ISRAEL-U.S. RIFT OVER IRAN WIDENS
Israel's prime minister calls for continued pressure on Iran for its suspected nuclear program, even as American officials weigh easing economic sanctions.
~ This shit will never go away.

8. SAN FRANCISCO COMMUTE PROMISES TO BE ROUGH AGAIN
The Bay Area is in for another day of gridlock with no immediate plans for more talks between striking rail workers and transit officials.
~ Not my problem

9. HOW CAROL BURNETT GOT THE LAST LAUGH
Burnett, who just won the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, says a TV executive once told her that variety shows like hers were "a man's game."
~ She's a funny lady.

10. COLTS THROW HOMECOMING FOR PEYTON
Indianapolis rolls out the red carpet for Manning in his first return leading Denver's offense.
~ I only watched the Tigers lose and a bit of the Lions game.

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:10. COLTS THROW HOMECOMING FOR PEYTON

Leyland is stepping down.
But Fielder is the one who should be stepping down.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:4. WHOSE NEGLECT LIES HIDDEN
~ That's sad.
I drove down to Wilmington Delaware yesterday to see my great aunt who is turning 100 this week. Her memory is gone but still sharp. Its so sad to see all these people in the nursing home who have no one & left there to live the rest of their lives.
Chip Wrote:

He is to busy falling down Sad
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

If that didn't piss me off so much I would have laughed my ass off.
NussieT Wrote:It finally snowed and so far it's staying... I think it's finally the end of the season!!!

I am I'm an outdoor wedding next week. I don't want to even think about snow.

Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

If that didn't piss me off so much I would have laughed my ass off.
This weekend sucked. Tigers lost, lions lost, now Leyland is stepping down. This blows
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:It finally snowed and so far it's staying... I think it's finally the end of the season!!!

Who the hell schedules a wedding in late October??
Brampton Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Who the hell schedules a wedding in late October??

My sister in law wants to get married the second week of October outdoors and she wants the bridesmaid to wear short dresses. I told her She was fucked in the head
Pages: 1 2 3