Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 9/30/2013 - Shut it down!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At midnight the government will shut down.

Several weeks from tonight someone will notice.
TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW TODAY
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

1. AVOIDING THE BUDGET ABYSS
One lawmaker predicts that his fellow Republicans in the House will in the end avert a government shutdown by abandoning the effort to defund Obamacare.

2. CLINTON, GINGRICH BATTLE LED TO LONGEST SHUTDOWN
When the strong-willed pols faced off about two decades ago over Medicare and other issues, the government halted twice, and one shutdown lasted 21 days.

3. HOW SYRIA INSPECTORS AIM TO GET THE JOB DONE
To make sure the regime scraps its chemical weapons, the teams say they may need to blow up missiles, smash empty shells and demolish machinery.

4. ISRAEL: BEWARE NEW IRAN LEADER'S `SMILEY CAMPAIGN'
"I will tell the truth in the face of the sweet talk" about Iran's nuclear activities, Netanyahu says in advance of his meeting with Obama.

5. WHAT PLEDGE OBAMA MIGHT LIKE TO TAKE BACK
His promise that anyone who likes their current health plan can keep it under Obamacare has turned out to be an empty one.

6. ANOTHER TRIUMPH FOR BOOMING COMMERCIAL SPACE BUSINESS
A second U.S. private company proves that it is capable of delivering goods via an unmanned cargo ship to the International Space Station.

7. WHY AL-SHABAB SPARED MUSLIMS IN KENYA ATTACK
Papers believed to belong to the al-Qaida affiliate indicate it understands that indiscriminate attacks alienate other Muslims.

8. RUNAWAY SPENDING IN NYC JAILS
Experts are trying to figure out how the city spent $167,731 per inmate last year – nearly as much as it costs for four years of tuition at an Ivy League university.

9. `BREAKING BAD' WRAPS UP AFTER FIVE SEASONS
AP Television Writer Frazier Moore says the series ended as it began: wicked, twisted and wildly creative.

10. PASS-HAPPY PEYTON MANNING ON RECORD ROLL
The Denver QB's 16 touchdown passes are the most in the first month of a season, besting the mark of 14 set by two others.
Joe Wrote:At midnight the government will shut down.

Several weeks from tonight someone will notice.
While everyone of those assholes will continue to get paid. :flame:
:whomo:
That Peyton Manning is pretty impressive on an annoying level.
[Image: monster-truck-loses-control.gif]
1. AVOIDING THE BUDGET ABYSS
One lawmaker predicts that his fellow Republicans in the House will in the end avert a government shutdown by abandoning the effort to defund Obamacare.
~ I stopped caring

2. CLINTON, GINGRICH BATTLE LED TO LONGEST SHUTDOWN
When the strong-willed pols faced off about two decades ago over Medicare and other issues, the government halted twice, and one shutdown lasted 21 days.
~ I don't remember that.

3. HOW SYRIA INSPECTORS AIM TO GET THE JOB DONE
To make sure the regime scraps its chemical weapons, the teams say they may need to blow up missiles, smash empty shells and demolish machinery.
~ Click, Click, Boom

4. ISRAEL: BEWARE NEW IRAN LEADER'S `SMILEY CAMPAIGN'
"I will tell the truth in the face of the sweet talk" about Iran's nuclear activities, Netanyahu says in advance of his meeting with Obama.
~ Smiley Campaign? That sounds nice. Ha ha

5. WHAT PLEDGE OBAMA MIGHT LIKE TO TAKE BACK
His promise that anyone who likes their current health plan can keep it under Obamacare has turned out to be an empty one.
~ Oops

6. ANOTHER TRIUMPH FOR BOOMING COMMERCIAL SPACE BUSINESS
A second U.S. private company proves that it is capable of delivering goods via an unmanned cargo ship to the International Space Station.
~ I have no desire to go into space.

7. WHY AL-SHABAB SPARED MUSLIMS IN KENYA ATTACK
Papers believed to belong to the al-Qaida affiliate indicate it understands that indiscriminate attacks alienate other Muslims.

8. RUNAWAY SPENDING IN NYC JAILS
Experts are trying to figure out how the city spent $167,731 per inmate last year – nearly as much as it costs for four years of tuition at an Ivy League university.
~ Time to break out the death penalty.

9. `BREAKING BAD' WRAPS UP AFTER FIVE SEASONS
AP Television Writer Frazier Moore says the series ended as it began: wicked, twisted and wildly creative.
~ I watched some of the marathon yesterday. Pretty good show. I should try to watch the whole series some day.

10. PASS-HAPPY PEYTON MANNING ON RECORD ROLL
The Denver QB's 16 touchdown passes are the most in the first month of a season, besting the mark of 14 set by two others.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Joe Wrote:That Peyton Manning is pretty impressive on an annoying level.
:roflmao:
It's great when you work on something and it totally kicks your ass and you give in. You then go to management and tell them that you suck and you need someone else to look at it. Someone else looks at it and tells you that you did it right and it works.
:high5:

[youtube]AsX2AxNCUYw[/youtube]
Joe Wrote:It's great when you work on something and it totally kicks your ass and you give in. You then go to management and tell them that you suck and you need someone else to look at it. Someone else looks at it and tells you that you did it right and it works.

:highfive: Been there!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[youtube]dpoAdGWGiN0[/youtube]
See you next Tuesday.

[youtube]Wzm0nh2Q1ak[/youtube]
Good job science.
It's good to see you've solved every other problem and can spend your time goofing off now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24281192
Chip Wrote:See you next Tuesday.

[youtube]Wzm0nh2Q1ak[/youtube]

What a bitch.
Pages: 1 2 3