Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesaday 06/26 - 10 New Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Ten Things You Need to Know Today: June 26, 2013
editorial.huffingtonpost.com First

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

1. U.S. AWAITS LANDMARK VOTE ON GAY MARRIAGE
The Supreme Court is expected to issue decisions today on two laws that could give gay Americans marriage rights and the same benefits as married heterosexual couples.

2. ARCHBISHOP WISHES PEACEFUL `END' FOR MANDELA
Lucas Aedwaba offered a prayer after visiting the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader in a hospital, where he's critically ill with a lung infection.

3. CHAOS WITH ABORTION VOTE AFTER FILIBUSTER
Screaming protesters prevented Texas Republicans from passing a restrictive abortion ban before a midnight deadline.

4. WHAT SOUTHERN STATES PLAN AFTER VOTING RIGHTS DECISION
Some pledged to pass laws requiring voters to show photo IDs and others want to set earlier hours after the Supreme Court freed states from federal oversight.

5. `NYET' ON TURNING OVER SNOWDEN
Putin acknowledges the NSA leaker is at a Moscow airport, and rejected U.S. pleas to extradite him.

6. DEMOCRATS HANG ON TO KERRY SEAT
Rep. Ed Markey defeated Republican Gabriel Gomez, and the state's Democrats didn't repeat the upset of three years ago when Republican Scott Brown succeeded Sen. Edward Kennedy.

7. AUSTRALIA PRIME MINISTER OUSTED
Predecessor Kevin Rudd defeated Julia Gillard in a party leadership ballot she called for after her authority was challenged

8. `KING OF COMMODITIES' DIES
Marc Rich, a trader indicted on fraud and tax evasion charges, was pardoned by Bill Clinton at the end of his presidency. He died in Switzerland at 78.

9. TEXAS TO MAKE HISTORY
The nation's busiest death penalty state plans to execute its 500th inmate tonight – a woman convicted of killing her neighbor with a candelabra in the 1990s.

10. IS PAULA DEEN TOAST?
The food diva is expected to speak on the "Today" show today, but experts say she has already damaged her reputation in the fallout from her admission of using racial slurs.
So, the country is in an uproar over a TV chef making a racist comment 27 years ago, but continuously passes racially motivated voting/immigration laws?

sent from somewhere with some device
Brampton Wrote:So, the country is in an uproar over a TV chef making a racist comment 27 years ago, but continuously passes racially motivated voting/immigration laws?

:duh:
You know, there is a lot of truth to this. I never did understand why it was alright for Obama to have done so many drugs in the past, and even have pictures out there of him doing it. Clinton got blasted for admitting he did it once in the college without inhaling.

[Image: 1011729_622054581140709_91589992_n.jpg]
Brampton Wrote:So, the country is in an uproar over a TV chef making a racist comment 27 years ago, but continuously passes racially motivated voting/immigration laws?

Yup.

This whole Paula Dean thing is just way out of hand.

The Liberal media is going ballistic over something that happened 25 fucking years ago.

Political correctness is starting to get out of hand. 1o years ago she would have been fired and it would have been over.
JDubb Wrote:Ten Things You Need to Know Today: June 26, 2013

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

The Supreme Court is expected to issue decisions today on two laws that could give gay Americans marriage rights and the same benefits as married heterosexual couples.

Why is this still a topic? Can someone just give these fuckers marriage and get it the fuck off the news already?

Lucas Aedwaba offered a prayer after visiting the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader in a hospital, where he's critically ill with a lung infection.

I think everyone wishes him a peaceful end.

Screaming protesters prevented Texas Republicans from passing a restrictive abortion ban before a midnight deadline.

Facebook blew up with this last night. I don't know the details on this particular incident well yet, but since I have had a child, my views on abortion are slowly changing. Outside of rape, I just can't see how someone would not want to have a child they created. I pretty much only support abortion now in cases of rape and it need to be VERY early, past 3 months is WAY to late. If you think about it, it really is a life being killed, not sure how Liberals hate the death penalty so much, but support killing innocent babies.......like I said, my opinions are changing, but I still do support abortion under the right circumstances.

Some pledged to pass laws requiring voters to show photo IDs and others want to set earlier hours after the Supreme Court freed states from federal oversight.

There is absolute NO reason why everyone who votes should not have to show a valid photo identification. Shit, make them show a photo ID and a birth certificate or social security card. This argument over voter ID is just absurd. Especially when you can get them for free and get transportation to get them for free.

Putin acknowledges the NSA leaker is at a Moscow airport, and rejected U.S. pleas to extradite him.

Did we think anything else would happen?

Rep. Ed Markey defeated Republican Gabriel Gomez, and the state's Democrats didn't repeat the upset of three years ago when Republican Scott Brown succeeded Sen. Edward Kennedy.

What they need is some good Libertarians.

Predecessor Kevin Rudd defeated Julia Gillard in a party leadership ballot she called for after her authority was challenged

WOW Confusedarcasm:

Marc Rich, a trader indicted on fraud and tax evasion charges, was pardoned by Bill Clinton at the end of his presidency. He died in Switzerland at 78.

Rich corporate white guy tax evader and inside trader pardoned by a Liberal........man how times have changed....

9. TEXAS TO MAKE HISTORY
The nation's busiest death penalty state plans to execute its 500th inmate tonight – a woman convicted of killing her neighbor with a candelabra in the 1990s.

Good, pick up the pace, your to slow...

10. IS PAULA DEEN TOAST?
The food diva is expected to speak on the "Today" show today, but experts say she has already damaged her reputation in the fallout from her admission of using racial slurs.

Who cares?
JDubb Wrote:Ten Things You Need to Know Today: June 26, 2013

Let these fuckers marry so we can stop talking about it. Marriage is so over rated anyway

Texas is fucking stupid. That's damn near a fact.

As soon as I hear "Southern States" I immediately tune out. (See Texas)

Putin is kind of a prick, but kinda cool at the same time

Any time a Republican is defeated I feel ok.

Umm... OK

We are probably better without him

9. TEXAS TO MAKE HISTORY
One less Texan to worry about.

10. IS PAULA DEEN TOAST?
No one even knew Paula Dean was still on TV.
Your identification has been verified

You will automatically be prompted to change your password on Jul 07, 2013
Your password expires in 11 days.
Breaking News: Aaron Hernandez led out of his home in handcuffs.

One less Patriot to worry about. Time for him to get some advice from Ray Lewis.
Texas DOC has a website for people on death row. it describes thier crimes, and gives the day they are supposed to be put to death. and the ones that are dead, it has what the last things they said, before they got put down. It's pretty creepy, and cool at the same time. They kill a mofo about every three weeks.
did you know that gay divorce is already about the same as hetoro divorce.
Joe Wrote:Breaking News: Aaron Hernandez led out of his home in handcuffs.

One less Patriot to worry about. Time for him to get some advice from Ray Lewis.

I thought they did that like a week ago.
I remember when Texas tried to execute Peter because he was retarded.
That was funny.
LeNeve Wrote:did you know that gay divorce is already about the same as hetoro divorce.

You just made that up didn't you?
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Breaking News: Aaron Hernandez led out of his home in handcuffs.

I thought they did that like a week ago.

I think they went to his house and he was like, "I;m rich and I play football." I think they have to let you go when you say that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13