Dudebro Nation

Full Version: GI Joe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been meaning to comment on this movie.

I was a huge fan of the comic book, cartoon and toys as a kid in the 80's. Had tons of the toys and all the comics.

Overall, the movie was not bad. I saw it 3 days after getting home from Russia and Paris and it was cool to see the movie was filmed partly where I was hanging out in Paris a few days earlier. Decent special effects. Decent actors, not good. A few hotties. A few laughs. I am glad that they used the characters from the 80's.

Here is what is wrong. Some of the plot lines are wrong. The baroness never dated Duke and would never turn good. Destro was not the leader, Cobra Commmander was, the guy who takes over at the end, the Baroness' brother. Cobra Commander was never a friend of Duke's before Cobra is formed. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were blood brothers, not dojo friends. Zartan had a posse. The vehicles were not authentic. GI Joe was an American force, not international, stop pussifying it to make it appease everyone. They were American's motherfucker. They did not have super suits, they each wore their own version of a uniform, individually tailored and set to their style and personality. As a result of them butchering all this shit, I say the movie kind of sucks, but that's b/c they basterdized my childhood fun.

They are making a second movie, maybe they will redeem some things.
I agree with you, Petey.... but don't I always ;-) ..... It was a decent movie, but they could have gone by an entirely different name to prevent those of us who are die-hard Joe fans from being irritated by the lack of respect to the original story line and characters.

I was thrown off by the misrepresentation of the characters. It was like, "I remember that guy, but wait that's not right...." over and over...

The sequel better be a good one.
Zartan and the Dreadnauts.....I believe would be awsome to add to the 2nd.

Along with the Crimson twins, and the crimson guard.

They need to be more authentic to the original cartoon, not the Delta Force shit or whatever they called it years later.

I like the Dr. Mindbender appearance, however he didn't exist till they created Serpentor.
I just read my post, I was a real nerd as a kid! :roflmao:
brampton Wrote:Zartan and the Dreadnauts.....I believe would be awsome to add to the 2nd.

Along with the Crimson twins, and the crimson guard.

They need to be more authentic to the original cartoon, not the Delta Force shit or whatever they called it years later.

I like the Dr. Mindbender appearance, however he didn't exist till they created Serpentor.

Zartan was in this one, but they did not really explain him. Character development was weak outside the three main characters also.
Who is Dr. Mindbender? I missed that part? Are you talking about the Baronesses brother? I think they are making him out to be Cobra Commander.
Wow, I don't remember anything about GI Joe except a few toys.
LeNeve Wrote:Wow, I don't remember anything about GI Joe except a few toys.

I didn't think I remembered as much as I do until I saw that movie, then it was like... I remember that guy. I remember being in 1st grade and we used to play GI Joe on the playground. I was always Scarlet. We'd run around shooting each other with our "machine guns" [arms].... lol.... Funny, none us grew up to be murders from that cartoon.....
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Wow, I don't remember anything about GI Joe except a few toys.

I didn't think I remembered as much as I do until I saw that movie, then it was like... I remember that guy. I remember being in 1st grade and we used to play GI Joe on the playground. I was always Scarlet. We'd run around shooting each other with our "machine guns" [arms].... lol.... Funny, none us grew up to be murders from that cartoon.....

Speak for yourself............

JIW does have a cabin....
:roflmao: :roflmao:

It's a cottage!!!
I rented this this weekend. It kind of sucked. They really should have stuck to the original story lines, even I caught some of the flaws. I did like how they left it wide open for the sequel.

The actor that played Duke sucked bad, so bad that it was pissing me off, and I was hoping someone would kill him. The wayons brother who played ripcord was fucking terrible at acting too, come to think of it so was the general.

I think the only good acting was from cobra commander, destro/macullen, and the baroness, but she was hot, so it may have swayed my opinion.

They need a whole new cast for the sequel, and bring the story line back towards a somewhat more believable feel.

Also I agree with EVERYTHING Pete has said about this movie.
Pete Nice Wrote:Who is Dr. Mindbender? I missed that part? Are you talking about the Baronesses brother? I think they are making him out to be Cobra Commander.

Dr. mindbender was hiding in the bunker with rex/cobra commander, when it was blown up. Cobra learned everything from dr. mindbender, then perfected the research on his own, according to the movie.