Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday May 6th 2013.....Post race weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Holy fuck these guys are fast. Decided to attempt to complete in a more nationally known series this year for a couple of the rounds that are close. Here are the results
1. I didnt finish a single race on the lead lap
2. Those guys need to slow down by about 20 seconds per lap
3. my fastest time was 1:41 per lap, the top guy of the weekend was 1:20
4. learned a few new things from the fast guys
5. dont try to compete with guys on this level with bikes that are bigger, it doesnt work. I have a 600cc, I raced the 600 class, also the 750 class, and 1000 class. It works in my other race series, not this one.
6. know when your races are, I just finished up a race, thought I had a bit of time before the next one, when I was supposed to be on the track, back to back races, cause they canceled the one in-between.
20 seconds is a shit load of lap time difference. wow.
If I had half a day to practice I could probaly do a lap time of 3 minutes.
LeNeve Wrote:20 seconds is a shit load of lap time difference. wow.
The difference between amatures and experts. Most of the amatures were running 1:30-1:38, experts were 1:20-1:25. I should mentioned that those were a combined race where the amatures and experts are on the track at the same time. Also most of the experts at this level are getting paid to do this. Huge difference compared to a guy like me who just goes out and has fun on the weekends.
this is not from this past weekend, but gives you an idea on what the track looks like.

[youtube]u-krxA0ScjY[/youtube]
I'm dizzy.
LeNeve Wrote:I'm dizzy.
its a lot of uphill, downhill, blind corner type shit. Its way worse running the other direction
Derick Wrote:
The difference between amatures and experts. Most of the amatures were running 1:30-1:38, experts were 1:20-1:25. I should mentioned that those were a combined race where the amatures and experts are on the track at the same time. Also most of the experts at this level are getting paid to do this. Huge difference compared to a guy like me who just goes out and has fun on the weekends.

okay. say you had unlimited funds to build the best bike. How much time would just the equiptment you use take off from your lap time?
Derick Wrote:2. Those guys need to slow down by about 20 seconds per lap
Or you need to speed up.
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

okay. say you had unlimited funds to build the best bike. How much time would just the equiptment you use take off from your lap time?
The bike I run cost about 8K to build, granted I got the actual bike pretty cheap, so lets say 10K to build a bike like mine. My bike is a monster, and far exceeds my ability. The machine alone will probably shave 10 sec, in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, but in reality most of it comes down to the rider. Take my bike and put it in the hands of one of these experts and they are running 1:20's easy all day. In my case its not the bike, its me. I dont know that track all that well, dont feel confident in some of the corners, flat out confused by other corners. I could put you on my bike and you probably wouldnt break 2 minutes, with a weekend of practice. I ahve roughly 75 laps on that track.

The race in a couple of weeks. Top 5 amatures are running 1:15, different track. My best time there is 1:21, that was when I first got the bike build and didnt really know the bike that well. The difference is that I ahve probably 300 laps on that track, I expect those 6 seconds of difference to become more like 3 by the end of the year
NussieT Wrote:
Or you need to speed up.
yeah, just go faster. easier said than done

It's not so bad if you're on the Nurburgring though.
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Or you need to speed up.
Just twist the thingy more :poke:
my Boss is in Detroit now, for most of the week. I am the king of the shop now. I don't have any peasants to rule over though. Confusedad:
JDubb Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Or you need to speed up.
Just twist the thingy more :poke:

and paint some wicked rad flames on his motorcycle
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5