Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Best Concert?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the best concert you have been to and why?
Need to think about this one

But best Concert that never happened, still pissed about this

I had GA Section 1 tickets at Giants Stadium to see Rage against the Machine, Beastie Boys & Busta Rhymes in 2001 I think

Mike D broke his shoulder & it was canceled Confusedwoot:
teenage mutant ninja turtles live. It was awesome, because shredder was in it, but the turtles beat him up. and its like the biggest concert I've ever been to.

Confusedad:
I'm going to have to say Shinedown in York, PA 2010 was the best.
- I was 10 feet from the stage
- Brent Smith's vocals live are amazing.
- They were awesome to the crowd.
- Rev Theory was the act before Shinedown.

I've been to 3 or 4 Ozzfests which really kick ass from what I remember. (I passed out on the lawn a few times)

I saw Staind, Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit at a small venue which was pretty kick ass.

Aerosmith was my first concert and will always go down as one of my favorites.

Roger Waters was pretty amazing because it was one of the first concerts that I went to with people my parent's age. (Lots of pot there)
Any concert where I had General Admission standing tickets are the top ones. Closer to the stage the better. In the stands people are boring & suck
AC/DC was pretty sweet.
A Clutch concert sticks out in my mind where they played for over 3 hours.
At the Joint in the Vegas Hard Rock, I saw Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent, they each played for close to 2 hours, in a tiny place. I was about 10 feet from the stage.

Those 3 stick out in my mind.

Others that were pretty good...
I've seen Van Halen with all 3 singers, Hagar and Roth were both pretty good.
I've seen Kid Rock more times then I can remember, but those are always fun.
3 or 4 Ozzfests...
Merry Mayhem with Ozzy, Rob Zombie and Mudvayne was awesome.
I know I'm going eat she crow for this but... Garth Brooks circa 2000. Dude played for 2.5 hours and killed it and then proceeded to do "house cleaning" (where he looks in the audience for signs that mention songs he didnt play and then plays them) for another hour!
Robert Plant & Jimmy Page hands down still the best show I have ever seen...twice. I have always been a Led Zeppelin fan and being able to see them was amazing. Second would be Pearl Jam circa 2000 followed by STP about the same time. Scott is great on stage when he's using. I saw STP again this summer, the "clean Scott" is not nearly as good as the "using Scott".
JDubb Wrote:Robert Plant & Jimmy Page hands down still the best show I have ever seen...twice. I have always been a Led Zeppelin fan and being able to see them was amazing. Second would be Pearl Jam circa 2000 followed by STP about the same time. Scott is great on stage when he's using. I saw STP again this summer, the "clean Scott" is not nearly as good as the "using Scott".
He's not clean. He's a drunken mess. Can't remember lyrics, can barely stand on stage, always late to get on stage.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I know I'm going eat she crow for this but... Garth Brooks circa 2000. Dude played for 2.5 hours and killed it and then proceeded to do "house cleaning" (where he looks in the audience for signs that mention songs he didnt play and then plays them) for another hour!

His Central Park concert was awesome.
perl jam, rage against the machine, foo fighters, green day all top my list
Here is my list-
every Beastie Boy Concert I have been to
Best one- Nassau Coliseum with Beastie Boys, Tribe Called quest & KRS-One- saw them twice in one weekend- at MSG also
Metallica
Green day
Limp Bizkit
Red Hot Chili Peppers

worst concert- every Dave Matthews Concert I went to- I even fell asleep/passed out during one
Donginator Wrote:Any concert where I had General Admission standing tickets are the top ones. Closer to the stage the better. In the stands people are boring & suck

That's so very true and I don't get why those bums would even bother to buy tickets if they are going to just sit there and be dull.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I know I'm going eat she crow for this but... Garth Brooks circa 2000. Dude played for 2.5 hours and killed it and then proceeded to do "house cleaning" (where he looks in the audience for signs that mention songs he didnt play and then plays them) for another hour!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :homo:

(I had to say it :wink: )
The best concert: Nine Inch Nails ~ The Fragile Tour. Perfect Circle opened for them. It was epic. I even bought the DVD of it later on.

Alice Cooper always does a kick ass show. I got Jim to go with me to see him once and Jim was quite impressed (he thought it was going to suck)

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist tour was sweet. Helmet opened for that. It was my first time in a mach pit, too. Loved it!
Pages: 1 2