Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday 11/02/2012.....Hooray for School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
happy Friday to all you suckas
So is anyone gonna be getting the Nexus4?
Joe, if youre able to, what the problems you have with Windows8?

I know that they made it based on a touchscreen interface, and they don't have the traditional start menu (things that we already know), but whats wrong with it?
So Rick Ankiel may attempt a pitching comeback. I really like the idea of this, makes me feel good as a baseball fan
I'm bored. I have absolutely nothing to do work wise, I need to put my winter tires on, but I have the best parking spot and I don't want to lose it

#whiteguyproblems
why do people call Holloween a holiday?

last time I checked, no one has the day off
If the moon was made of spare ribs, would you eat it?
its actually snowing outside..... :high5:
[youtube]wa2nLEhUcZ0[/youtube]
Brampton Wrote:Joe, if youre able to, what the problems you have with Windows8?

I know that they made it based on a touchscreen interface, and they don't have the traditional start menu (things that we already know), but whats wrong with it?

It's mainly a training issue. If I can't sit down and figure things out in an hour of using it, how are nontechnical people going to react? I also can't figure out how to close apps. What the hell was the point of taking the X out of the corner so I can close apps?

One of the main things that's killing me is that apps constantly hang. My machine isn't great, but it had Windows 7 installed on it for the last 2 years and it ran great. I'm going to throw a bigger hard drive in tonight and re install. This install was just a test. When I put it on the other hard drive I'm juts going to force myself to use it.
Brampton Wrote:If the moon was made of spare ribs, would you eat it?

Yes, because meat isn't reflective.
Joe Wrote:

It's mainly a training issue. If I can't sit down and figure things out in an hour of using it, how are nontechnical people going to react? I also can't figure out how to close apps. What the hell was the point of taking the X out of the corner so I can close apps?

One of the main things that's killing me is that apps constantly hang. My machine isn't great, but it had Windows 7 installed on it for the last 2 years and it ran great. I'm going to throw a bigger hard drive in tonight and re install. This install was just a test. When I put it on the other hard drive I'm juts going to force myself to use it.
from what I've read, Window8 is supposed to be faster than 7.

the test data I've read, it seems to operate on half the ram as 7. Maybe its one of those things you gotta tool around with to understand.

I understand how you feel though, when I don't figure something out rather quick I get frustrated
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

the test data I've read, it seems to operate on half the ram as 7. Maybe its one of those things you gotta tool around with to understand.

I understand how you feel though, when I don't figure something out rather quick I get frustrated

The missing Start Menu is dumb. I have to click on the corner of the window and bring up the Start Screen and then search for an app. That takes more time.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

The missing Start Menu is dumb. I have to click on the corner of the window and bring up the Start Screen and then search for an app. That takes more time.
I don't use the start menu all that often, but when I do, I use the keyboard button to access. Does that not work anymore?
Brampton Wrote:I don't use the start menu all that often, but when I do, I use the keyboard button to access. Does that not work anymore?

I'm not sure. I got 20 minutes into it when my friend from FL called me and talked my ear off for an hour about shit that I have no knowledge of. BY time he was done talking I wanted to cut myself so I just went to sleep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11