Dudebro Nation

Full Version: What would you do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My straight truck(pic A) is out being serviced this week so I'm driving a couriers truck(pic B) this week. I'm having to manually load truck B then drive to my destination then manually unload truck B. After unloading the truck I'm looking around for overlooked freight & see a package behind the supply rack. I teach over & pull it out & it's a package that has been there since early June. Apparent-lee the courier who normally drives this truck had the box fall back there in June. This is a good dude & long time driver. He can get written up(not fired) for this.
1) Turn the package in to my manager.
2) Put the package back like I never saw it.
3) Other options.

Think morally, ethically, gut feeling...and what would you do???
[Image: vuhy4uhy.jpg]
[Image: pyva7aze.jpg]
First, I would fix his mirrors for him.

Then I'd probably just tell him about it, let him figure it out and not get involved. No one likes a snitch.
Can he just deliver it, apologize and hope the people don't file a complaint or something?
Tell the guy about it. If he rarely screws up then I'm sure he'll handle it the right way.
Kind of related story...

A few years back, we were doing some work in the big Detroit Post Office mail sorting facility, and we were in it taking some measurements.
And under some slide somewhere, there was a ton of mail that had fallen off the conveyors and was just sitting on the floor, garbage everywhere.
Well I just happened to notice a little kindergarten graduation post card from the 80's.
I really wanted to put it back into the system so it would get delivered.
But, his place has these tube-like hallways that go through this whole place with one-way glass where federal marshals watch to make sure people don't tamper with the mail, or take anything.
So I didn't.
Keep the package for yourself.
chances are that the customer has already gotten a new one, turn it in. Just say this was on your truck by mistake
Joe Wrote:Tell the guy about it. If he rarely screws up then I'm sure he'll handle it the right way.
^this^
What Chip and Joe said.
Chip Wrote:First, I would fix his mirrors for him.

Then I'd probably just tell him about it, let him figure it out and not get involved. No one likes a snitch.
Can he just deliver it, apologize and hope the people don't file a complaint or something?

:whomo:
It's probably not the popular answer, but I had to turn the package in to my manager. I am responsible for the packages on the truck that I drive on a daily basis. By that I mean that I sign off every day acknowledging that I checked my vehicle for packages. So technically everyone who drive that vehicle between the day I found the package & the day back in June when it fell behind the supply rack could be written up. Back in the good old days it was different, but in today's tough economic times when company's are targeting tenured employees looking to reasons to leave a paper trail to termination, you must C.Y.A.(cover your ---). It's not personal, it's survival my friends. What is so sad is that I was totally not this kind of employee years ago. Now it's every employee for himself. Teamwork is a thing of the past!!!
Dick
That's me...Dick with a job!!!
[youtube]jW7VhkNqjnc[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:No one likes a snitch.
Maybe the dude dropped it back there by mistake. You wanna get the dude fired for that? WWJD eddie? Not your problem bud. keep a low profile, do your job n retire comfy. I think fed ex will be ok if (allegedly) they lost $100. I gotta think that your big bosses stepped on somebody's toes to get where they're at. you're too nice Eddie
negadave Wrote:
Chip Wrote:No one likes a snitch.
Maybe the dude dropped it back there by mistake. You wanna get the dude fired for that? WWJD eddie? Not your problem bud. keep a low profile, do your job n retire comfy. I think fed ex will be ok if (allegedly) they lost $100. I gotta think that your big bosses stepped on somebody's toes to get where they're at. you're too nice Eddie
I'm sure he did drop it back there, but Jesus would have done the right thing & turned it in. Should I have gotten written up too because I didn't turn it in? Getting written up is not a termination offense unless it's a habitual trend!!!
Pages: 1 2