Dudebro Nation

Full Version: My thoughts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got into a pretty heated debate today's in show thread with one of this forum's moderators. I can take ball-busting as good as the next person. When someone began commenting about my son & the way that I choose to raise him, I didn't take it lightly i took it personal. Come at me all you want I love it, but know when to draw the line. I was threatened to be banned & was for a short time and that's fine with me. Don't lie on another forum and say that I wasn't banned when I was. I started a fun topic today and expected some ball-busting because it's what we do here. I hope that if you ever have kids & you feel like they have been disrespected that you throw your shoulders back and step up to the plate in defense of them. If any of you think differently about what happened today, I would be curious to hear how you read it.
These forum(s) are entertainment and we have a good time on them. I have a blast on here and honestly this forum is a bit more raw than TOMB and it if people can't understand that then maybe they don't need to be here. Personally I think that both forums are unique and better than having just one. I feel like maybe I will back away for a while and take a deep breath. Thanks for reading and have a good one!!!
1. No one disrespected your family. Yes, your decisions as a father were in question, but I thought that was the debate that YOU wanted to have. I don't feel you attacked Derick and I don't think he attacked you.

2. I did not go to TOMB and lie about you being banned. I heard you were banned, checked and you were not. It turns out someone else already unbanned you.

3. DBN is not solely for entertainment. I've met a lot of good people from here and my friendships with them matter. Unlike TOMB with 4000+ members each person on here makes this site what it is.

4. There's enough of a pissing contest between sites so going over there and bashing THIS SITE AS A WHOLE bugged the shit out of me. You said you were banned because a moderator disagreed with you. How do we know that they don't think Pete and I are dicks now?

I'm not taking sides. I'm defending this site.
Welcome to cost co Eddie. I love you.
I don't think there were any vicious attacks from either of you either. I do think the banishment was a little over the top and awkward though. I would like to see you stick around though Eddie. You bring some good discussions to the table.
Also if Derick comes back to cost co, I love him too.
I think you both just got a little butt hurt. I am not sure why Derick got so frustrated, lack of coffee maybe? Maybe Corrie struck again? Eddie, I don't think he was really attacking your family, just voicing his opinions on the subject at hand. Remember, you have asked us before for our honest opinion on things with your son, like when the teacher messed with him. Once that pandoras box was opened, honest opinions can only be expected. And some of those opinions will be contrary to yours.

sent from 1975.
It was a debate. People are going to disagree. I figured you brought it all up to stir up a discussion/debate about getting your boy a vette. I do think that things got heated, but I don't think there were any personal attacks on anyone. I think you are sensitive about your family and I think Derick is sensitive about how he's gotten to where he is. And I also think that's ok.

I consider the people on this site friends and have even met a few of these guys. A good discussion with these peeps is always fun. I hope you do stick around, Eddie, and Derick, too.
Pete Nice Wrote:I think you both just got a little butt hurt. I am not sure why Derick got so frustrated, lack of coffee maybe? Maybe Corrie struck again? Eddie, I don't think he was really attacking your family, just voicing his opinions on the subject at hand. Remember, you have asked us before for our honest opinion on things with your son, like when the teacher messed with him. Once that pandoras box was opened, honest opinions can only be expected. And some of those opinions will be contrary to yours.

sent from 1975.

It must be a FedEx thing. Those guys are the new postal service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Joe Wrote:1. No one disrespected your family. Yes, your decisions as a father were in question, but I thought that was the debate that YOU wanted to have. I don't feel you attacked Derick and I don't think he attacked you.

2. I did not go to TOMB and lie about you being banned. I heard you were banned, checked and you were not. It turns out someone else already unbanned you.

3. DBN is not solely for entertainment. I've met a lot of good people from here and my friendships with them matter. Unlike TOMB with 4000+ members each person on here makes this site what it is.

4. There's enough of a pissing contest between sites so going over there and bashing THIS SITE AS A WHOLE bugged the shit out of me. You said you were banned because a moderator disagreed with you. How do we know that they don't think Pete and I are dicks now?

I'm not taking sides. I'm defending this site.

I didn't read far enough back to see what actually ignited the fire but all the things I read were pretty benign for what normally goes on here.

I did pop over because eddie said he was banned, but I had to bail on both ISTs so I dont know what TOMB was saying. I think the 2 forums are different enough that they are both worth checking out. And as always I think banning anyone for a reason other than continually posting spam is weak.

I will say that recently Josh, on TOMB, has only said good things about DBN & encouraged others to check it out. And that if I saw someone over there who said that either Joe or Pete are dicks I would call them out on it. I do agree that over there, there is a moderator or 2 that doesn't take kindly to people voicing "negative" opinions about CnR (as Jav and a few others would note) and that this stance is childish and bullshit.
[Image: 22423753.jpg]
IMO none of the comments were personal. It just seemed the drama llama went on a rampage. My thoughts?

1) Eddie got butthurt when Derick expressed his opinion (which I happen to concur with entirely)

2) Derick got butthurt when it all blew up.

3) Much ado about nothing if you ask me. Don't bring up shit if you don't want honest appraisals.

[youtube]Uh7tgX_Uaqs[/youtube]
I'd offer up my thoughts but I don't want to banned from the board. :pray:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I'd offer up my thoughts but I don't want to banned from the board. :pray:

Dick
What. I'm serious. I don't want to be banned.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:What. I'm serious. I don't want to be banned.

Do you know anyone that has ever been banned for more than 15 minutes?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Pages: 1 2