Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Eddie's Mirror
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eddie claims this mirror is to see the front of the truck. I say this mirror is to see what is beside you (since you cant see through the passenger door). Whose right?
To get the maximum advantage of the spot mirror it became evident that the best location
on the truck was a front fender mount that could be looked at by the operator with just a
glance to the right. This location would then give the operator a view of the entire area
along the side of the truck. Much of which would have been blind to the operator by
locating the spot mirror on the door
I really do not care.
It must help see something from some angle for some reason.
If the angle is the apparent line of view, what is the reasoning for the mirror to be angles to see the left side of the road when the driver only has to turn their head to the left?
Brampton Wrote:To get the maximum advantage of the spot mirror it became evident that the best location
on the truck was a front fender mount that could be looked at by the operator with just a
glance to the right. This location would then give the operator a view of the entire area
along the side of the truck. Much of which would have been blind to the operator by
locating the spot mirror on the door
:whomo:
Quote:A wing mirror (also fender mirror, door mirror, or side mirror) is a mirror found on the exterior of motor vehicles for the purposes of helping the driver see areas behind and to the sides of the vehicle, outside of the driver's peripheral vision (in the 'blind spot').
Apparent-Lee my way...oops, the way FedEx way) is working!!!
[Image: a693489c-9c9e-017c.jpg]
I should go adjust all of the mirrors tonight to point at the front.
Chip Wrote:I really do not care.

I am going to vote for Eddie, it's his truck.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I really do not care.

I am going to vote for Eddie, it's his truck.
As long as he keeps it out of NY, I really don't care.
none of the pepsi trucks face them like eddie's. they look to the side/back
School buses are pointed like that, so apparently in Arkansas the schools use fed ex to deliver students. great idea. :high5:

The only truck I've been in the mirror was showing the side of the rig though, so you didn't switch lanes and squish a car, or whatever.

MAybe Eddies route it is more benificial to see whats going on in front, then along the sides. no lane switching on dirt roads and 2 lane blacktops.

its just a cargo truck too right? you can see most of the side with the regular mirrors can't you?
Putting the mirror there allows the driver to see what's on the other side of a narrow drive or alley before he pulls out into traffic. Beats me...whatever he's doing it obviously works. No wrecks in 15 years is good in my book.
Jesus takes the wheel for Eddie. He doesn't need mirrors to point in any direction.
Joe Wrote:Jesus takes the wheel for Eddie. He doesn't need mirrors to point in any direction.
Jesus takes the airplane stick as well.
Pages: 1 2