Dudebro Nation

Full Version: TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So we need a new TV for the bedroom. The one we have is a cheap old box style. We don't use it there often, but the one up there kinda sucks and takes up space.

So I just ordered this one. We don't need a 1080, 720 is fine. HDTV, built in DVD. 4 HDMI, like we would ever need them.

$214.99 shipped. Everything I was looking at was at least $230 at the store without tax.

What do you all think?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.woot.com/">http://www.woot.com/</a><!-- m -->
My mom works in electronics and told me a while back to stay away from RCA because they are the most returned TV they sell. $200 isn't that much of a gamble so if you get a year or 2 out of it I guess it was worth it.
Joe Wrote:My mom works in electronics and told me a while back to stay away from RCA because they are the most returned TV they sell. $200 isn't that much of a gamble so if you get a year or 2 out of it I guess it was worth it.

That's good to know.
Best Buy has a 42" RCA plasma that has gone down to $300 a couple times, that I've been thinking about getting.
It was $300 yesterday morning, and I was going to pick it up after work, but it had gone back to $400
Maybe I'll re-think that now and spend a little more for something else.
I didn't know that about RCA.

Well, it won't get a ton of use, so hopefully it will last a long time.
My mom just got rid of an RCA that she got over 20 years ago.
It worked great up until about a year ago.
But a lot of things can change in a companies quality in 20 years.
I kind of like that it has a DVD player in it. Now when the wife wants to pop in an adult film, boom, right there it is. Good thing we kept those DVD's.

I also like that there will be less cords.
I'v been told that most of the components for various TVs have been being made by the same overseas companies these days. Aside from the aesthetics of the TV, the stuff inside is all the same.

That being said $200 isn't much of a gamble as previously stated.
I picked up a vizio at Costco a few years ago- that puppy still runs like a champ and gets a ton of usage. (Over at my nussies/my future house now).

I hope it works for ya Pete.
Rydrum Wrote:I picked up a vizio at Costco a few years ago- that puppy still runs like a champ and gets a ton of usage. (Over at my nussies/my future house now).

I hope it works for ya Pete.
5 years strong with our 42 inch 1080i vizio.

Ive bought a second for my video games

Imported from Canada
If you shop (and watch for sales) you can get some pretty good deals. I picked up a 42" LG 1080i at Best Buy for $188 in January. Target clearances also are great. I've seen several 42-46" TV's around $300
Hondo Wrote:If you shop (and watch for sales) you can get some pretty good deals. I picked up a 42" LG 1080i at Best Buy for $188 in January. Target clearances also are great. I've seen several 42-46" TV's around $300

Was it a return or open box? That seems crazy low.
I don't even know if I've seen a 1080i TV
Chip Wrote:I don't even know if I've seen a 1080i TV
its between 720p and 1080p
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I don't even know if I've seen a 1080i TV
its between 720p and 1080p

I know what it means, i just don't think I've seen a 1080i tv, i might remember 720i from back when HD was new, but i can't remember ever seeing a 1080i tv.
I guess i could go look it up
Hondo Wrote:If you shop (and watch for sales) you can get some pretty good deals. I picked up a 42" LG 1080i at Best Buy for $188 in January. Target clearances also are great. I've seen several 42-46" TV's around $300

DAMN, I wish I had seen that LG sale. LG is my favorite brand.

Hondo, if you ever see an LG for under $250 again let me know.
Pages: 1 2