Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Who should do the Cooking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not much of a cook. I can make a few decent dishes, but, when I lived alone, I hated cooking for only myself. So, how do you divide up the cooking in your relationship? For that matter, does anyone have easy meal ideas that don't require a ton of work? I work all day, and so does he. I don't have the time to be cooking a meal that take hours to prepare, but we want to save money and eat healthier by not eating out so often. You have to keep in mind that I am sometimes making dishes for a 7 yr old, too.
I do all the cooking in our house except for the days my inlaws pick my son up from the babysitter they'll make dinner for everyone.
I know of several receipes that you can make in about an hour. Do you have a slow cooker?? Put a roast in there or meatballs, let it cook while you are at work and then come home to a meal. It's pretty good shit!
Nussie_T Wrote:I do all the cooking in our house except for the days my inlaws pick my son up from the babysitter they'll make dinner for everyone.
I know of several receipes that you can make in about an hour. Do you have a slow cooker?? Put a roast in there or meatballs, let it cook while you are at work and then come home to a meal. It's pretty good shit!

I do make a good pot roast, but it's the only slow cooker recipe I know. I am open to ideas!
beckster Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I do all the cooking in our house except for the days my inlaws pick my son up from the babysitter they'll make dinner for everyone.

I do make a good pot roast, but it's the only slow cooker recipe I know. I am open to ideas!

What kinds of food are you interested in?? I have recipes for Beef Stroganoff that only takes maybe an hour at the most and Shepard's Pie which you can make the day before and then throw it in the oven when you get home.
I do 70% of the cooking, but that is going to change soon. Chicken breast are always easy to cook. Throw some old bay or lemon pepper on it, throw it in he pan, throw together a salad and some form of canned of frozen vegetable. There is a meal that is healthy, quick and rather cheap.
It should be 50/50 between you and your partner.
I personally love to cook so anytime there is a relationship I am doing most of the cooking.

I will agree with Pete though it is hard cooking solo. I am used to making meals for at least 3 or 4 because even if I wasn't in a relationship I was cooking for roomates and frat brothers.
Easy crock pot/slow cooker recipe..

Throw about 4 chicken breasts on the bottom..
Wedge about 4 potatoes, and add them..
Add whatever seasons you would like, and other vegetables as well.
I usually add some chicken broth or olive oil just to be sure it doesn't burn or get too dry when I'm not home.
Cooks in about 6-8 hours.. I have let it for for 10 and it's still great.

Excellent meal.. and you can just pull the pot out of the crock pot and throw it in the fridge. Heat it up for another 30 minutes when you're hungry again.

Angie81

i do some of the cooking, but he does a way better job then me. he get really creative. i do simple things, and it would be nice if he would do that more often, i know he works, i should do the cooking.. well sunday night that what we fought about was the cooking!! one of those stupid fights!
DaveP Wrote:Easy crock pot/slow cooker recipe..

Throw about 4 chicken breasts on the bottom..
Wedge about 4 potatoes, and add them..
Add whatever seasons you would like, and other vegetables as well.
I usually add some chicken broth or olive oil just to be sure it doesn't burn or get too dry when I'm not home.
Cooks in about 6-8 hours.. I have let it for for 10 and it's still great.

Excellent meal.. and you can just pull the pot out of the crock pot and throw it in the fridge. Heat it up for another 30 minutes when you're hungry again.

Sweet, I am going to have to try that!
T, Hand over that Beef Stroganoff recipe!

As for what I like, well, I guess I need to say we like, Meat (not fish) & potatoes. I don't really get into gourmet foods, I prefer burgers, spaghetti, pizza (or course) and so on. If I leave the cooking to him we get grilled cheese and fries, I am out to make more square meals. I just don't want to make the same few dishes over and over.
the keifer Wrote:It should be 50/50 between you and your partner.

i disagree with this,

you gotta factor skill into the equation, if one person fucks up making mac and cheese and the other is a kickass chef, the sucky chef shouldn't be cooking as much as the good chef
Cunty is right. If one person can't make shit, I don't want to eat what they make. That person does the dishes instead.
the one who doesnt have a job should be cooking (joe). I'm with Scunty, the person who cook the best should do it, personally i can make easy mac, i shouldnt be doing the cooking
Pete Nice Wrote:Cunty is right. If one person can't make shit, I don't want to eat what they make. That person does the dishes instead.

That's an epic fail on my part... I have been doing the meals and cleaning up afterwards. Wtf
Pages: 1 2 3