Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Xfinity on XBOX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really had no clue what the point of having Comcast on my XBOX. I figured maybe somewhere in the world where the starving children were that people didn't have On Demand. (But they had XBOX) I mean if have your Xbox online and a Comcast account I figured you had to have On Demand. Apparently the Xfinity app offers a lot more than On Demand.

I saw a preview for a show that was headed in to season 2 soon and I wanted to check it out before the season started. I checked On Demand and it had nothing. I checked out the Xfinity App and it had the entire first season as well as endless amounts of other shows. It's definitely worth checking out.
Isnt it cheaper for cable companies to put content online and stream it?

Imported from Canada
Brampton Wrote:Isnt it cheaper for cable companies to put content online and stream it?

Imported from Canada

I hadn't heard about the cost of doing it, I just always figured that was the future of "cable TV"
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Isnt it cheaper for cable companies to put content online and stream it?

Imported from Canada

I hadn't heard about the cost of doing it, I just always figured that was the future of "cable TV"
You figure its easier to run an online service, than expanding on the cable services. Less settop programming and broadening the signal strength

Imported from Canada
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Imported from Canada

You figure its easier to run an online service, than expanding on the cable services. Less settop programming and broadening the signal strength

Imported from Canada

That way they can continue to give out the settop boxes from 1989 and not have to worry about upgrading. I burned through one in the last year and my father got rid of Comcast after his third box blew up in like 6 months. I went from like 90 hours of HDDVR with direct TV down to like 19 with comcast.
The only thing that would worry me is running my Xbox for extended periods of time. I would imagine that they'd crap out after a while like cable boxes do.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:The only thing that would worry me is running my Xbox for extended periods of time. I would imagine that they'd crap out after a while like cable boxes do.

I've had the same Xbox since 2005.
I heard a podcast last week about this... what Comcast is doing is using a band within the current cable for delivering their ondemand content to the xbos that does not count towards their bandwidth usage cap. That is the biggest advantage. If you watch a lot of Netflix and other online content you can hit their cap pretty easy.

As far as the streaming vs live content. They have been doing this for a while where they have servers caching and streaming the "long tailed" channels for a few years. These are the channels that do not get a lot of viewers so the STB will call to the specific server and stream rather than give dedicated channel bandwidth to a seldom watched channel. It makes sense, you may notice that on these channels the STB will take longer to access and display that information than a more popular channel like the networks and sports/news channel.
Paychex Flex Login | Verizon email Login | Publix Passport login | SunPass Login | Yahoo Mail Login Problems | Ace Elite login | HotSchedules Login | sunpass Login | Roadrunner email login | Bitdefender Login | Charter Email Login | COX Email Login | Frontier mail login | GMX Mail login issues | MCHSI Email Login account | Zoomtown email login | WildBlue email login | TWC email login | Frontier mail yahoo | Cash App login | Cash App login | Cash App login | aol mail uk login | aol mail uk login | Comcast email login | Comcast email login | comcast my account | aol desktop gold Webroot.com/safe | Mcafee.com/activate | Spectrum email login | Mcafee login | Garmin express Update | Mcafee Removal tool | youtube.com/activate | http://www.youtube.com/activate | youtube.com/activate | youtube.com/activate | youtube.com/activate | youtube.com/activate | http://www.amazon.com/mytv | Amazon.com/mytv | Espn.com/activate | Espn.com/activate | Espn.com/activate | http://www.amazon.com/mytvlogin | turbotax login | Kaspersky login |
Kaspersky login | Kaspersky sign in | Kaspersky sign in | Malwarebytes adwcleaner | Malwarebytes adwcleaner | Malwarebytes login | Malwarebytes login | aol desktop gold | aol desktop gold | Malwarebytes adwcleaner | PBSkids.org/activate | plex.tv/link | Aim Mail login | roku.com/link | Paypal Login |
Paypal Login | Paypal Login | Paypal Login | ebay Login | ebay Login | amazon Login | http://www.amazon.com/mytv | netflix login | Spectrum email login | linksys smart wifi login | cashapp support | cashapp support | http://www.hulu.com/activate | hulu live tv | mail.aol.com | QuickBooks Online login | QuickBooks Online login | QuickBooks Online login | turbotax login | turbotax login | netgear router login | netgear router login | router login | asus router login | asus router login | linksys router login | linksys router login | cable one email login | epson printer driver | msn login | hotmail login | msn hotmail | hotmail login | hotmail login | craigslist phoenix | Foxnews.com/connect | Foxnews.com/connect | skype login | cash app login | aol mail sign in | aol games | aol sign in | aol mail login | ourtime login | godaddy email login | godaddy email login |godaddy email login | mcafee.com/activate | tp link router login | xfinity router login | arris router login | asus router login page | tp link support